For many unpaid carers COVID has increased the pressure of a caring role through a number of different factors, with a large impact felt on both physical and mental health.
Trafford Carers Centre has been a vital service for carers, supporting them throughout the breakdown to access carers assessments, emotional support and peer support activities to help reduce the impact of caring and prevent carer breakdown. As a result of increasing numbers accessing the service we are now seeking to recruit an experienced caseworker to join the team and offer support to carers both through assessments, signposting and connecting with peers.
The postholder will have vast experience in delivering casework support and knowledge of services across Trafford as well as knowledge of carer issues would be an advantage.
To be responsible for ensuring that carers’ needs are assessed, to provide carers with advice, information, advocacy and emotional support via, helpline support, 1:1 visits, outreach support and support at meetings with other professionals, to work on the carers helpline and to cover emergency out of hours on-call support to carers on a rota basis.
The role requires that the post holder be flexible with work locations with a view to linking linking in with GP’s practices, social care teams or organisations, other voluntary organisations and community venues.
Conditions of Work
- Contract: Temporary, Fixed term 12 months
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday, between the hours of 9.00am – 4:30pm, (some flexibility with working hours will be considered) with some occasional evening and weekend work, which will be compensated by time off in lieu.
- Salary: £21,500 per annum
- Period of notice: 3 months
- Probation period: 6 months
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.