About Safe In Our World
The main goal of Safe In Our World is to create and foster worldwide mental health awareness within the video game industry and beyond; to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health, to make it a natural topic of discussion, and to promote the dialogue surrounding mental health so people are not afraid to reach out for help if they need it.
Our website as an engaging and evolving worldwide hub for information, news, features, videos, and support related to all facets of mental health in the video game industry, including hero stories of key figures who have fought their own personal battles with mental illness.
Safe In Our World is mobilising the video game industry in helping to promote the charity and its message, calling upon game developers and publishers to provide extensive mental health support for their employees as well as place brand imagery and links in key locations throughout their consumer-facing outlets.
Safe In Our World is asking the industry to lead by example; to really embrace the subject of mental health in the workplace and commit resources toward training key staff members about mental health issues. Not to be invoked lightly, the Safe In Our World brand should act as a statement of intent by those using it to commit considerable effort and resources toward promoting mental health awareness and outreach in their own organisations and communities, as well as the wider video game industry.
About the role:
As our Partnerships and Training Officer, you will lead on the delivery of Safe In Our World’s flagship Level Up Mental Health Programme, focusing on increasing the number of partners through recruitment, developing relationships with current partners and providing an excellent level of support to all.
The role will also cover the roll out and administration of all the Charity’s training courses and as we are a small team, you may be involved in a variety of other administrative tasks.
- To act as the first point of contact for all Level Up partners and prospective partners, providing a high level of understanding and practical support.
- To manage the onboarding process for new partners.
- To gather best practice to share among partners.
- To encourage and promote effective implementation of the Level Up guidelines.
- To create a member recruitment plan in line with our targets.
- To work closely with the Communications and Community Officer to ensure the benefits of Level Up partnership are effectively communicated to new and existing members and all new resources are uploaded into the Members area of the website.
- To work closely with the Communications and Community Officer to produce assets/videos to support and enhance the programme.
- To working alongside the Fundraising and Partnerships Officer to make the most of the support from Level Up Partners and assist with any relevant fundraising initiatives.
- To lead on the regular review of the Level Up partnership offer to ensure it remains relevant to the needs of current and potential members.
- To keep correct and update records of all Level Up partners.
- To undertake satisfaction surveys among partners to ensure the quality of our support.
- To seek testimonials from partners.
- Administer the roll-out of Community Manager First Aid courses alongside our training partners.
- Deal with all external requests for training; booking on, signposting and offering advice as necessary.
- To work with the Charity Manager to set the annual Level Up and Training budget and ensure all spend is within budget, appropriately accounted for, and that maximum return on investment is achieved.
- To work with the Charity Manager and delivery partners to continually improve and enhance the Level Up programme content.
- Ensure that all work supports and promotes the values of the charity.
- Contribute skills and knowledge as part of a staff team and attending staff and other meetings where required.
If you have good experience cultivating and building relationships, excellent administration skills and are eager to make a positive difference in your next role, this is a superb opportunity to join our charity and drive our ambitious plans forward. You will be instrumental in helping us reach out to the entire video games industry to #LevelUpMentalHealth within their workplaces, ensuring that the environment is safe and supportive for their team’s mental health at all times.
You will need:
- Demonstratable experience in building and maintaining business relationships e.g. in account management.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills, with a strong eye for detail.
You will be:
- Organised, self-motivated and able to manage a large and varied workload.
- Able to work to deadlines and target-based objectives.
- A creative thinker who champions new ideas and approaches to their work.
- Excellent at building and cultivating business relationships.
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and credibly at all levels, to build lasting relationships.
- Understanding of the need to 'pitch-in' and do whatever is necessary, as a member of a small team.
- Committed to deliver our vision of a world where video games communities are free from prejudice and stigma and where every player feels safe.
- Passionate about improving mental health awareness and support in the workplace.
- A good knowledge of the video game industry.
- Experience of working in an HR setting.
- Mental Health Awareness within the workplace.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.