Are you an experienced Learning and Development professional looking for a broad, autonomous role? If you thrive on achieving results through building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of passionate people this could be the role for you.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and tenacious individual to …
* Design, deliver and evaluate training and development activities within their area
* Champion and foster a learning and development culture within the Region, ensuring that individuals and teams understand their role in supporting and promoting learning and development
* Support regional, national and strategic training initiatives in line with operational plans
* Research, design and pilot new training and development initiatives.
Here at CRUK, our Trading Department contributes £23 million per year towards funding groundbreaking work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer, enabling us to engage with communities and share information about our vision to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Our retail teams in over 580 shops across the UK are at the heart of what we do and are united by our pursuit of discovering new ways to fight cancer.
Now we need a Training and Development Manager to coach and advise retail field managers, identifying learning needs within their shop teams so we can effectively deliver training interventions. By providing the necessary tools and support to confidently cascade training and development programmes to their teams, you’ll help us meet our exciting and ambitious goals including our contribution target. Ultimately this will support our organisational ambition that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive cancer.
Help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured through your …
* Significant training and development experience, desirably within a multi-site retail environment
* Proven track record in building and maintaining training and development-based relationships with various levels of management
* Evidence of delivery of complex training and development projects
* Understanding of learning and development theory and application to the retail environment
* Project management principles and their application to training and development initiatives
Our team is passionate about Learning and Development. By immersing ourselves fully into the business and working closely with all Trading teams, collectively we will enable them to maximise their personal potential, achieve their organisational goals and help drive a successful retail business. This is a challenging, dynamic and exciting role, and you’ll have excellent communication and relationship-building skills to quickly build rapport with colleagues across the Region and the organisation.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you! Please follow the below link to apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 15th January 2017, 23:55
First Round Interviews: W/C 23rd January 2017
Second Round Interviews: 2nd February 2017
*Please note that there are training centres across the country. However, the focus on regional training in this role will take place, provisionally, in the Grantham/Nottinghamshire area.