You will be a qualified teacher with a desire to support young people who have not found school a positive experience, some of whom have special educational needs.
Foundation Training – Training Manager
Job type: Permanent, Full time 37.5 hrs a week
Salary £24,000 pa
The Foundation Training provides innovative learning opportunities (within social enterprises) for young people struggling with traditional approaches to teaching and learning.
We use our social enterprises as learning environments helping young people to:
• build their confidence and self esteem
• develop vocational, employability, social and life skills
• gain vocational and employability qualifications including customer services
• grow skills and achieve qualifications in Maths and English
• identify the next steps towards more independent living
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
The purpose of this post is:
• To coordinate our training team, supporting a team of teachers, trainers and assessors
• To deliver and develop high quality vocational, functional and personal skills training in line with contractual and governmental requirements
• To teach some sessions, particularly maths and English, as required
• To take a lead on our SEN provision
• To drive the embedding of maths, English and ICT within our social enterprises.
• Be a qualified teacher (Specialism in Maths or English desirable)
• Have substantial teaching experience
• Have the ability to lead, inspire and motivate
• Demonstrate initiative and creativity
• Be able to develop team work at a senior level with internal and external partners
• Manage performance, support, develop and empower staff
• Have effective written and verbal communication skills including good presentation skills
• Be able to plan and organise with clarity and attention to detail
• Be able to perform effectively under pressure
Long-listed applicants will be asked to complete an application form.
The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Friday, 3 June 2016
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.