Tramshed Arts Ltd is a Charity in our 50th year. We use the arts to bring people together to build resilience, cohesion and understanding. We challenge inequity, prejudice and barriers. We inspire and equip people to engage better with self, society and arts.
Since November 2019 the iconic Woolwich Tramshed building has been under-going a refurbishment programme. We will re-open in Autumn 2022 as an Arts Centre and Community Hub. We will be co-located with the new Greenwich Leisure Trust Centre in General Gordon Square. We are currently operating from a pop-up venue in the heart of Woolwich, delivering festivals, comedy, music, performance and youth theatre throughout the year.
In this transformative and exciting year Tramshed are recruiting an Operations Manager:
1. JOB PURPOSE
The Operations Manager will be detailed and process-driven, responsible for smooth and efficient administration of the charity. They will work with the Senior Management Team to develop and support
- Operational Policy and Procedure
- Financial Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Staffing and Volunteers
- Premises Management
within Tramshed’s objectives, vision and mission.
All details of key areas of responsibility are listed in our full job description.
2. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter/recorded statement to demonstrate your interest in the post and how you meet the role criteria. Closing date is 10am 30 May with interviews on 6/7 June 2022.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and with all different kinds of lived experience. We are seeking a team that reflects and benefits from the diversity of our local area. We
- are happy to receive recorded rather than written applications
- will meet access needs at interview and make any reasonable adjustments required for the workplace
- consider transferrable skills and examples of work experience in similar roles as an employee, through placements or as a volunteer
Please talk to us at interview stage about flexibility requirements, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
If you have some of the attributes and experience we list in this Job Description and ambition to develop your skills please do apply for this role. We will offer training and mentorship for the candidate with the best fit.
3. STAFF STRUCTURE
Position Title: Operations Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Front of House Team (Staff and Volunteers), Cleaners, Security
- Attention to detail and thorough
- Well-organised and process-led
- Confident prioritising and working across multiple programmes
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 including using Excel
- Experience of Xero or similar cloud-based accounting software
- Experience in a bookkeeping function
- Demonstrates initiative
- Positive and flexible approach to team working
- Welcoming and considerate
- Innovating systems and ways of working
- Experience of project management tools (Asana)
- Experience of Arts/Venue Administration