This role offers an ambitious candidate the opportunity to lead Transaid’s mature corporate income stream, and to work closely with one of the UK’s biggest and most diverse industries which currently contributes around £120 billion to the UK economy each year.
About the role:
Transaid is an international development organisation working to transform lives in the developing world through safe, available and sustainable transport. As the chosen charity of the transport and logistics sector, this is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, creative and ambitious self-starter to shape and grow Transaid’s well established corporate membership scheme. Responsible for a portfolio of 36 corporate partners, currently contributing £220,000 (c. 40%) of Transaid’s fundraised income, you will lead on maintaining and developing these critical funding relationships whilst creating and implementing new engagement opportunities.
January 2021 marks the beginning of a new organisational strategy for Transaid, with strategic partnerships a significant part of the agenda. As well as looking to strengthen existing relationships, business development is a core part of this role. Working alongside the Head of Fundraising, you will be confident in scoping, pitching and winning new partnerships.
You will enjoy working as part of a small and dynamic fundraising team who support each other to achieve great success.
- Account manage >35 corporate relationships, with a focus on retention (many members have been corporate partners of Transaid for over ten years), as well as maximising income and in-kind potential
- Take the lead in redesigning and implementing Transaid’s business development strategy
- Research, identify and secure meetings with prospective corporate partners
- Work with corporate partners to increase engagement and understanding across their businesses, by identifying opportunities for presentations to staff and Transaid-led team building activities, as well as developing new engagement activities, communication materials and enhanced thanking processes
- Develop and implement tailored employee fundraising plans for corporate partners, managing subsequent fundraising activities such as golf days, office fundraising, involvement in challenge events and new fundraising products
- Design, manage and execute the annual Christmas Appeal, which last year raised £31,000 from corporate support alone
- Work closely with the programmes team to identify opportunities for more strategic corporate partner engagement
- Work closely with colleagues from across the organisation to collate information, engagement materials and reports for corporate partners to demonstrate the impact of their support
- Represent Transaid at Industry and Sector events, such as trade shows and award dinners
- Experience of corporate fundraising and a track record of successfully generating income against target
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundraising and communications in the UK not-for-profit sector
- Proven ability to form and maintain effective partnerships between the charity and private sectors
- Ability to work on own initiative and be able to manage a wide and varied workload, using strong organisational skills
- A sound track record of demonstrating initiative and creativity to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to plan, monitor and implement projects/events/initiatives to agreed deadlines often with conflicting priorities.
- Experience of developing and maintaining long term individual relationships with supporters
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with experience of presenting to senior individuals and large groups
- Commitment to the work of Transaid
- Knowledge of the UK transport & logistics industry
- Fundraising experience in an international development organisation
- Proven ability to secure new business
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days leave per annum and a generous pension scheme.
Closing date for applications
Please send your CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages) by Sunday 11th October. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
First round the week commencing 19th October (via video conferencing)
Second round the week commencing the 26th October (ideally in person in London)
No agencies please.
* Transaid’s Ambassador scheme is made up of >30 industry professionals who support Transaid in a range of ways. This role works closely with some of these individuals to identify new opportunities via their networks
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.