The Transformation Trust are seeking a dedicated Programme Manager to join our team in Central London. Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date if a suitable applicant is identified.
Main purpose of the job:
- To ensure programmes run by the Trust and corporate partners are delivered in line with the programme specifications and aims, on time and within budget.
- Under the direction of the senior management, take responsibility for the management of Transformation Trust programmes to include managing budgets and maintaining financial systems, school recruitment, commissioning facilitators and ongoing monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Specific Responsibilities relating to the role of Programme Manager:
- Agree with the corporate partners and senior management at the Trust how many schools in which areas should be recruited to the programme, providing the following:
- An outline of the programme, to brief the school liaison team (if applicable) on how to describe the programme to schools.
- Ongoing support, as and when required, to address queries raised by the school liaison team, as they contact schools.
- Take responsibility for the recruitment of school students to take part in the programmes and contact the schools personally as necessary using a variety of methods as required explaining the parameters of the programme. Ensure that the schools sign and return the terms and conditions relevant to the specific programme.
- Ensure that accurate records are kept relating to the numbers of students/schools signed up on an ongoing basis and report the numbers to senior management on a weekly basis (or as required).
- Provide support to the schools as necessary including commissioning and booking facilitators and liaising with volunteers as required, introducing them to one another as necessary.
- Using established processes and procedures, regularly manage and monitor the budget for the programme to ensure that expenditure remains within the total available funding, both overall and on a line by line basis.
- Provide budget figures on request (and at least monthly) and highlight any concerns to senior management at the Trust as soon as they become apparent.
- To travel for the purposes of programme Quality Assurance, and to occasionally stay overnight where necessary.
- Prepare reports and returns for the corporate partners and the Trust to outline how the programme is progressing against agreed performance indicators, in line with the agreed timescales and deadlines.
- Set up and implement effective schemes of evaluation both pre and post the programme.
- Assist with the recruitment of new facilitators and organise and attend training for anyone connected with the programme or the Trust as required.
- Act as an ambassador for both the programme and the Trust in interactions with all external parties and respond to queries in a timely, polite and effective manner.
- Maintain and manage the various programme databases on a daily basis.
- Keep volunteering databases up to date and manage the recruitment and involvement of corporate volunteers.
- Link up facilitators and volunteers with schools on a daily basis, sharing updated workshop materials.
- Coordinate survey distribution and conduct evaluation and analysis on results.
- Book travel and accommodation for facilitators where necessary, in accordance with the principals of best value.
- Regularly audit databases to ensure accurate reporting
- If required, assist with writing bids and programme plans to secure external funding from corporate partners and attend meetings with senior members of the Trust to discuss and agree these. Ensure that the programme has a clear vision and long-term objectives that are properly articulated and understood by all parties.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.