Transparency International UK are looking for a Finance and Operations Officer to join our agile Shared Services team. The role will suit an individual with excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills as they support colleagues across a diverse number of programmes. This newly created role reflects how TI-UK have recently had to adapt to remain financially resilient. The position would suit someone who has worked in a varied role before with a focus on finance whilst also offering operational and administrative support.
TI-UK currently operates remotely but envisages having both remote and office working arrangements during the latter part of 2021. Our office space operates within a modern Charity Hub based near Cannon Street/ Blackfriars, City of London.
Job Title – Finance and Operations Officer
Reporting to – Director of Finance
Role – Permanent role at 80% (28hours - 4 days a week)
Salary – £26,442 to £27,780 (pro-rata £21,153.60 to £22,224) depending on experience
Transparency International UK (TI-UK) is the country’s leading anti-corruption non-governmental organisation, and is part of a global coalition sharing one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. Further details of our work can be found here.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to support the Shared Services team at Transparency International UK, a UK charity. The Shared Services team provide day to day support to our UK focused teams as well as our International Teams (Defence & Security, Global Health, Global Standards). This role will provide day to day support for Finance, People Team/ HR, Technology, and general office administration.
The Finance and Operations Officer’s responsibilities include:
Finance (approx. 60 per cent)
- Recording income and expenditure onto our Accounts System (Quickbooks)
- Ensuring supplier payments and grants to partners are correctly approved and coded on the import spreadsheet
- Managing the payments process, including setting up payments (UK and overseas) on the electronic banking system
- Ensuring that expense claims (credit cards, overseas travel etc.) are approved and recorded
- Ensuring the bank reconciliation and other monthly routines are completed on a timely basis
- Raising invoices to corporate customers and monitoring debtors
- Resolving finance queries and requests from budget holders and suppliers.
Office Operations (approx. 40 per cent):
- Be the internal liaison contact point for all office based queries and issues working with the outsourced Charity Hub to report and follow up matters
- To work with the outsourced Technology support partner regarding hardware supplies and supporting new colleagues with their remote office set-up
- To ensure that the general office space is effectively managed, including ensuring adequate supplies of print and stationery are available
- Manage the general charity internal email in-box and respond to general enquires and escalate issues as required
- To oversee day-to-day compliance with health & safety obligations and that employees are aware and trained in procedures
- To provide administration support to the People Team including supporting recruitment, new starters, induction and departure arrangements. The team utilise Iris and Small Improvements.
- To provide ad-hoc support and cover for the Senior Executive and Governance Officer.
- To help out as required with fundraising and media events, governance meetings and team social events.
Skills, knowledge and personal competencies
- Excellent IT skills, knowledge and experience using MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook and use of finance and HR systems.
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail
- Experience of supporting a customer service culture / working with global teams
- Comfortable supporting a number of areas of work simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise, plan and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
Experience & qualifications
- Proven experience in a finance support role
- Office and / or administration experience in a similar sized organisation
- Experience of Quickbooks Accounts or similar accounting system
- AAT or similar level accounting qualification (or studying towards an accounting qualification)
What we offer
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 5% contributory pension
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- A supportive, flexible and friendly working environment
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.