Head of Memberships and Engagement
- Full time (35 hrs pw)
- 1 year fixed term initially (extension anticipated but subject to successful BIP revenue generation)
- Remuneration: £48,000 – £50,430k per annum
- Reporting to Business Integrity Director
- Location: 10 Queen Street Place EC4R 1BE, London
Transparency International UK (TI-UK) is the country’s leading anti-corruption non-governmental organisation, and is part of a global coalition sharing one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. Further details of our work can be found here.
The very well-established TI-UK Business Integrity Programme (BIP) is the strongest Business Integrity Programme in the movement. The small but extremely effective team is recognised globally as a “centre of excellence” in relation to its work on improving anti-corruption efforts in the private sector. The team aims to influence as many multinational companies as possible to continually improve their anti-corruption efforts and to disclose more about what they do to fight corruption in the UK and abroad.
The team aims to raise global standards of business integrity, provide leading-edge guidance and tools to companies to ensure they develop a best practice approach to combat corruption, and publishes research into emerging trends in business ethics and corporate anti-corruption programming. The team work constructively with the business community whilst robustly challenging behaviours and assumptions when needed.
About the role
The Business Integrity Team is looking for a Head of Memberships and Engagement to join them at a busy and exciting time. 2019/2020 will see us execute our strategy to greatly increase our engagement and membership with large multinationals.
The Business Integrity Programme engages with large multinational companies to advance our mission to end corruption in the private sector. Our corporate members, whether Business Integrity Forum members, or Corporate Anti-Corruption Benchmark participants, support us in our mission by providing valuable insight into their compliance programmes, glimpses into their corporate culture and an understanding of their business strategies and risk management in accordance with changing global business environments.
As the Head of Memberships and Engagement, you will have lead responsibility for
- Meeting new business membership targets for the Corporate Anti-Corruption Benchmark and the Business Integrity Forum
- Managing the Programme’s engagement with potential new multinational businesses who may wish to become members in future, thereby building a pipeline.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Planning and executing targeted business development strategies and campaigns.
- Implementing and coordinating the business development/leads pipeline and new membership forecast in a CRM or other appropriate system across all channels (face-to-face, online enquiries etc). Provide a monthly/fortnightly update to the Programme Director.
- Attending relevant industry events (UK & overseas) to network and promote the organisation as well as hosting and attending TI-UK events as required.
- Working with BIP colleagues and the communications team to develop our marketing and communications content to increase corporate engagement.
- Assisting the Director and wider team in the development of an effective membership/participant retention plan.
- Sharing any gathered insights about latest Anti-Bribery and Corruption trends with the team and feed into any updates and improvements to promotional material and BIP products (brochures, benchmark, BIF meeting agendas web content etc).
- Talking knowledgably and in detail about Corporate Anti-Corruption Programmes and Compliance with a variety of stakeholders across civil society, NGO, government and business sectors up to C-Suite/Ministerial level.
- Ensuring due diligence is conducted on all potential members/funders as required.
- Support research into and engagement with possible corporate research funders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Substantial experience of business development, memberships sales or consultative sales experience in the corporate or charitable sectors
- experience of delivering an effective sales and retention plan
- experience of planning and hosting events, and networking and presenting at international conferences
- strong Customer Relations experience (experience in managing CRM systems an advantage)
- it would be a real bonus if you had experience or working knowledge of Anti-Bribery and Corruption and/or Corporate Compliance Programmes, but training will be provided.
- Experience of communications and marketing also desirable.
You will be:
- excited to work in a mission-driven organisation
- curious and interested in how companies are managing their corruption risks and ethics culture (and able to get into some technical discussions)
- results oriented
- a passionate communicator
- energetic and a natural networker
- proactive and happy working independently
- well organised
- comfortable working with multiple sectors and industries simultaneously
In exchange we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 5% contributory pension
- Season ticket loan
- A flexible and friendly working environment in central London
- A ‘Cycle to work’ Scheme (from May 2020 onwards).
The TI-UK Corporate Anti-Corruption Benchmark
The Corporate Anti-Corruption Benchmark is a key part of the long-term TI-UK Business Integrity Programme strategy.
The quality of the anti-corruption systems companies have in place varies considerably. Companies are often unable to identify their areas of weakness and want to ensure that they keep up with best practice. When companies operating in high-risk jurisdictions lack adequate systems, this creates an environment in which incidents of bribery and corruption easily proliferate.
The Benchmark aims to raise anti-corruption standards in the private sector, by allowing companies to benchmark their own practices against both competitors and TI's recommended best practice.
The Benchmark was launched in 2015 and is repeated and updated annually. Currently, a total of 15 companies, the majority of them UK-headquartered multinational companies and leading brands, are taking part. Members include RBS, HSBC, Barclays, Vodafone, Unilever, GSK, Anglo American, Grant Thornton, IHG and Shell amongst others.
2019/2020 will see us execute our strategy to greatly increase participation for the 2020 benchmark due for release in April 2020. By doing this, we will ensure that we are able to support more businesses in their ABC programme monitoring and evaluation, that we are able to engage more businesses and that TI remains at the forefront of best practice for corporates.
More information on the Benchmark and Business Integrity Forum can be found on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.