- Full time - 35 hrs per week
- 9 month initial contract, with renewal subject to funding
- Salary: £26,574 - £27,919 per annum
- Location: Blended working, with an office in the City of London
Transparency International (TI) is the world’s leading independent anti-corruption organisation. We would globally towards ensuring a world where people’s lives, government, business and society are free from corruption. A world where, the health of our institutions is enhanced so they can better support the people they are intended for; a world where we can trust the integrity of those in authority and in business, and a world where there is no impunity for the corrupt at home or abroad.
The Global Health programme works to ensure that health systems around the world are free from corruption, allowing people to access to the health care they need. Our work focusses on tackling corruption, and improving transparency at three key points in the health value chain- medical research and development, procurement, and at the point of service delivery.
We’re seeking a motivated and dynamic programme officer to work with us to further our agenda on medical research and development transparency. You will work with the team to develop and conduct research into clinical trials, research and regulatory transparency, and to translate research findings into policy positions, and advocacy agendas.
Specific responsibilities will include
- Working with head of programme and fundraising team to coordinate further funding for, and implementation of TI GH’s work in research and development
- Work with the team to develop project/research concepts, and proposals.
- Conduct specific pieces of research related to the topic of medical research and development transparency
- Supporting in maintaining the programme’s external profile as transparency and integrity experts in research and development. Work with the team to develop blog/opinion pieces
- Conducting research on topics related to transparency in research and development. Use these to identify topics of interest, and/or engagement opportunities
- Work with the wider team to develop policy positions, policy papers to further transparency in R&D
- Working with the wider team to develop external networks and relationships in the research and development sector and maintain a high-level and up-to-date understanding of key relevant developments in the sector.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the wider health programme
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A higher level degree, or equivalent experience in public health, governance or anti-corruption.
- Some technical expertise in, and an understanding of the issues surrounding transparency in Research and Development
- Experience or understanding of the global/public health sector
- Experience of developing and delivering policy and methodologies in the global health sector
- Experience in working and liaising with different stakeholders, including NGO coalitia, private sector and multilateral fora.
It would be great if you also had some of the following, but this is not essential:
- Experience of working with multilateral partners, including WHO
- Experience of developing funding proposals and policy/project delivery budgets
- Experience of contributing to advocacy and communications strategies
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of working with stakeholders in the private (ideally pharmaceutical/medical device) sectors
- Knowledge or understanding of anti-corruption
You will be:
- Excited to work in a mission-driven organisation
- Results oriented with a desire to support TI-UK to continuously learn and improve
- A natural team player, collaborator and networker
- A strong communicator
- Well organised, with attention to relevant detail
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Willing and able to travel to meet donors and other stakeholders
In exchange we will offer you:
- A competitive salary with transparent salary system
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 5% contributory pension
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced sickness and family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A flexible and friendly working environment
- Training and Development opportunities
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.