- Full time (35 hours p/w) with some potential for flexibility
- Salary: Circa £43,000
Are you an ambitious, experienced institutional fundraiser who wants to play an instrumental role in fighting UK and global corruption – with a particular focus on the health and defence and security sectors? If so, this new position at Transparency International UK (TI-UK) could be perfect for you.
Transparency International -UK is the country’s leading anti-corruption non-governmental organisation, and is part of a global coalition sharing one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption.
Our fight against corruption depends on donor support – with more than half of TI-UK’s funding coming from institutions like DFID and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We are looking for an exceptional fundraiser with experience of fundraising for international sectoral programmes who can lead the development of our approach to institutions such as these, securing their ongoing engagement and vital financial support.
Our newly formed Fundraising and Communications team is energetic and ambitious. We have a big task ahead of us to establish a more strategic approach to our fundraising – within the UK and internationally – but we have strong hands-on support from our trustees, leadership team and some of our closest donors. We are collaborative, value one another’s expertise, encourage innovative thinking and want to ensure that working here is enjoyable and rewarding.
Further details of our work can be found here
About the role
Until now our organisation has been largely dependent on a small number of institutional and major donors – despite being very well-networked and having global impact. As an experienced Institutional Fundraiser you will work closely with TI-UK’s leadership team, each of our programmes, our Secretariat and Chapters around the globe to ensure we maintain and grow our relationship with existing institutional donors as well as establishing new ones.
You will use your strategic thinking and experience to:
- Shape and improve TI-UK’s focus in this area and inform funding opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of new grant-makers who align with our strategic goals and mission
- Lead the engagement and cultivation of new and existing donors
- Lead the application process for all our grant applications – aiming for seven to eight figure grants from bi-lateral and multi-lateral sources
You will also have the opportunity to feed into and help develop wider fundraising strategy, to help shape our events and engagement plans and to work across the organisation to help build our fundraising capacity and capability.
To be successful in this role, essential skills and experience you will have include:
- A track record of relevant, successful institutional fundraising experience for international sectoral programmes, securing seven figure plus donations
- Direct experience of working with some of our likely target donors e.g. CIDA, SIDA, USAID, DFID, GIZ, UN Agencies, the Dutch MFA and a strong understanding of their requirements and processes
- Excellent stakeholder and project management skills – with experience of working with multiple stakeholders, planning donor engagement and cultivation, and managing complex application processes to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail – with the ability to make complex information inspiring and engaging
- A strong understanding of the UK and global funding landscape, trends and developments in giving
- A collaborative, solutions-focussed approach with experience of establishing cross-organisational ways of working
- The ability to manage and prioritise multiple demands on your time
- An interest in Transparency International and the world of anti-corruption
- Experience of fundraising for health, defence and/or anti-corruption an advantage
- A graduate degree in a relevant topic
In exchange we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 5% contributory pension
- Season ticket loan
- Dedicated learning and development budget and support to develop in your role
- A flexible, supportive and friendly working environmen