Senior Research Analyst
- Full time although part time hours will be considered
- Remuneration: £34,214-£35,947 per annum depending on experience
- Location: Central London office, with opportunities of blended working.
Transparency International UK (TI-UK) is the country’s leading anti-corruption non-governmental organisation, and is part of a global coalition sharing one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free from corruption. Further details of our work can be found here.
About the role
Transparency International UK Business Integrity team aims to be the premier resource for companies seeking to combat bribery and corruption in their operations and the jurisdictions where they operate. Working with us gives you the opportunity to shape the discussion and help devise solutions to challenging issues.
The Transparency International UK Corporate Anti-Corruption Benchmark (The Benchmark) is an industry leading comprehensive self-assessment tool that measures and compares the performance of anti-corruption programmes across companies. The methodology is based on Transparency International’s extensive anti-corruption expertise and understanding of best practice for the private sector, combined with input from experienced specialist in-house and external practitioners. Further background information on the Benchmark and its benefits for companies can be found here.
We are looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join the UK Programmes to help to manage and develop the Benchmark into an indispensable tool for companies, both in the UK and around the world, looking to assess their anti-bribery and corruption programmes not only against legal requirements and industry norms, but also the practices of the most forward thinking, innovative and sustainable companies.
The role will also support the Business Integrity Team’s workstreams including:
- delivery of leading research publications
- providing analysis of business integrity issues for sharing in events, webinars or publications.
- other tasks related to our work on business integrity
There is also scope for the right candidate to provide ad hoc support to TI-UK’s research and investigations team. This work would involve using a range of open and closed source data to dig into dirty money flows and the role of money in UK politics.
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for:
- Developing the Corporate Anti-Corruption Benchmark (managing improvements to the Benchmark question set, the data dashboards and the Deep Dive workshops to ensure that they are of the highest possible quality)
- Engaging with participants (and prospective participants), conducting demos of the Benchmark, guiding participants through the Benchmarking cycle and responding to queries on the Benchmark question set (ensure participants have a positive user experience, with next steps clearly signposted, answering queries on question interpretation, and dashboard functionality, and TI policy positions)
- Presenting the technical insights of Benchmark for on- boarding new participants and working in collaboration with Strategic Partnerships
- Managing the verification process for new participants (sending participants a verification question set for them to compile evidence prior to the verification session, which is undertaken by our project partner consultancy firm
- Analysing participants’ quantitative and qualitative data and report data trends to them (drawing conclusions from data trend dashboards, reviewing free text data from question set)
- Conducting annual participant interviews to gather feedback on positives and suggestions for improvements (developing discussion guides, undertaking participants’ interviews to gather their feedback on the product, analysing feedback, and developing priorities for improvement)
- Keeping abreast of anti-corruption and compliance latest developments and form views on priorities to integrate latest best practice into Benchmark question set (attending conferences, reading industry news and official publications, co-creating with colleagues TI-UK policy on corporate anti-corruption best practice)
- Implementing changes to the Benchmark informed by participants feedback from previous year and TI-UK’s own product development priorities (designing and implementing improvements to question set and dashboards, taking ownership of Benchmark product vision)
- Delivering leading research publications (assisting with desk research, interviewing, data analysis, writing and advocacy). Providing analysis (in the form of reports, discussion notes, slides) for sharing in quarterly workshops called Deep Dives which bring participants together to share best practice on managing corruption risks, events, webinars or publications.
- As required, provide ad hoc support to TI-UK’s research and investigations team (using a range of open and closed source data to dig into dirty money flows and the role of money in UK politics; for those with an interest in data-driven investigative journalism and proficiency in a Python or a similar programming language)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Substantial experience conducting quantitative research or benchmarking
- Strong project management and/or product development experience who is able to work with little supervision.
- Demonstrable stakeholder engagement skills and ability to communicate confidently verbally and in writing
- Experience of working effectively in a team; excellent interpersonal skills including able to maintaining effective professional relationships whilst working remotely.
- Interest in working with business to strengthen their efforts to prevent corruption
- A commitment to Transparency International’s core values: Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Solidarity, Courage, Justice and Democracy.
The following would be great to have but not essential:
- Have an interest in and/or experience of data driven investigative journalism
- Familiarity with database programming language
- Experience liaising with suppliers
In exchange we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 5% contributory pension
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced sickness and family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A flexible and friendly working environment, with the opportunity for blended working
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.