Travel Radar is a thriving and ever-growing Media Publication based in the United Kingdom, offering impartial, reliable news across the Commercial Aviation & Air-Travel sectors. With a growing user-base of over 210,000 social media follower's and a readership of 1.6million yearly, we are now looking to expand our Marketing Team - Expanding to new horizions and new audiences worldwide. We take pride in being a people-driven organisation, working to develop all of our Staff: Paid & Voluntary.
We are currently seeking a Lead Video Editor to lead on our Video Production & Visual Marketing Campaigns across Social Media (Including Facebook Video, Periscope & YouTube). Day-to-day tasks may include:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Working from briefings given by Marketing & Management Teams
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process (Including Marketing, PR & Management)
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Due to the nature of the role there are some requirements we ask candidates applying to meet:
- Past experience/portfolio of edited videos (Can be personal or professional projects)
- Competency with a video editing software: Adobe Suite/Final Cut or other professional program
- Location/Based in Greater London area
The role will mostly involve remote working (editing pre-recorded footage from creators/staff), though there will be some physical work involved (Attending 1-2 shoots per month in London -- Such as events, conferences or interviews)
In return for your work, you will benefit from our vast range of perks including:
- Immense range of volunteer discounts & perks with over 3000 retailers
- Free travel opportunities including to Europe, US & Middle East for events, PR days and meetings*
- Free press credentials to airshows, events and conferences globally*
- Discounted airline travel and airport add-ons
- Opportunities to complete commissioned work with national newspapers, magazines and TV channels
- Build your personal skills with accredited courses funded by Travel Radar (CPD Professional Qualifications)
- Free software subscriptions including Grammarly Premium & Microsoft Office 365
- Experience working in a large-scale international publication's inhouse Marketing & Visual Media team
- Scope of promotion to Head of Videography as the team expands
- Giving back to the cultural community showcasing travel and aviation to many! Providing factually accurate news and delivery of content not on mainstream media
Sound interesting? Drop us your CV by applying today or email us for a chat! We're keen to hear from you.
Weekly Commitment: 1-3hrs per week (And a 5hr shoot per month [on a convenient day for you])
Length: 6-18 months opportunity (with option for extension)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.