Fundraising and Development Manager
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys having great autonomy in organising their own work and using their broad fundraising skills and drive to make a positive impact. If you enjoy a challenge and like to see the direct results of your efforts, then this role is for you!
Location: Remote/home-based – with occasional travel to Newham, East London.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours: 24 hours a week (over 3 set days or worked flexibly)
Salary: £16.96 per hour (£21,166 per annum) plus pension contribution and employee wellbeing package.
Purpose of role:
As part of our small and flexible team, the Fundraising and Development Manager is primarily responsible for maximising income and support for Treasures Foundation, so that we can continue with our success and meet our ambitious plans for expansion.
The Fundraising and Development Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain and implement our Fundraising Strategy with a focus on Trusts and Foundations, whilst developing other streams of revenue, including corporate partnerships, online fundraising, major donors and the potential creation of a social enterprise.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the organisational strategy for the charity.
- Build on the successful development of the current fundraising programme to ensure the growth and consolidation of key income streams.
- Work with the CEO, Operations Manager and Finance Manager to identify and scope project plans and budgets.
- Identify new and creative opportunities for increasing and generating income.
- Produce attractive and engaging materials to support the fundraising plan and present a compelling case for support to funders and donors. This includes maintaining the website and social media platforms.
- Attend interviews and meetings with funders (usually via zoom/phone) as part of the application or reporting process.
- Work alongside the Operations Manager and Finance Manager, to collate and analyse information from our Lamplight monitoring database, to produce accurate and timely monitoring and evaluation reports for funders.
- Nurture and maintain relationships with funders and donors.
- Review fundraising policies and practice and ensure that the charity is operating within charity law and adheres to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice.
Governance and external relations
- Work with external consultants provided through various funders on improving our policies, systems and processes.
- Arrange networking opportunities and meetings for the CEO and keyworkers with funders, partners, services or people of influence.
- Contribute to and oversee the production of the annual report.