Tree Aid is an international organisation specialising in forestry and natural resource management in the drylands of Africa.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and results-driven finance professional with experience in charity project finance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support transformational change for some of the world’s poorest people. Tree Aid works in partnership with communities in the drylands of Africa, using forestry and natural resource management to relieve poverty and protect the environment. We are unique in what we do, have great potential and are growing fast. Working within the Finance and Resources team, the Finance Manager’s objectives will be to:
- Provide the wider team with reliable and timely financial information and analysis of project finances with recommendations for actions.
- Develop project budgets and monitor performance against them.
- Provide oversight of and support to Tree Aid’s overseas entities in financial reporting, systems, audits, procedures and resources.
- Ensure that Tree Aid’s subsidiaries meet all legal and statutory requirements and follow organisational policies.
- Ensure the integrity of Tree Aid subsidiaries’ financial records and internal controls.
To be successful as Finance Manager (Project Finance) you will have:
- A recognised accounting qualification and 5 years’ experience working in international development.
- Experience of working with budgets and reports for institutional and other donors.
- A passion for and experience of international development.
- A willingness to travel and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in French.
Our approach to recruitment
We recruit with openness and transparency. We employ people on the basis of their ability to carry out the role being recruited for. We ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment than any other on the grounds of disability, gender, race, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities or hours of work.
How to apply
To apply for this Finance Manager opportunity, please consider the detailed Job Description and send your CV, covering letter explaining your interest and suitability, and an equal opportunities form by 9am on Tuesday 31st January 2021.