Role: FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT (High Value, Corporate & Trust)
Hours: 35 hours a week
Responsible to: Fundraising Manager (High Value & Corporate)
This is a fantastic opportunity to support transformational change for some of the world’s poorest people. TREE AID works in the drylands of Africa, using forestry and natural resource management to relieve poverty and protect the environment. We are unique in what we do and are growing fast.
The overall aim is to support the Corporate, High Value and Trust Fundraising team. In your role you will:
- To develop and deliver communications for corporate, high value and trust supporters.
- To take lead on the development of unrestricted trusts.
- To provide administrative support to corporate, high value and trust fundraising
Closing Date: Monday 10th August 2020
Shortlisted candidates notified: Tuesday 11th August 2020
Online task submission date: Thursday 13th August 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 18th August 2020
Expected start date: mid to late September
Please email your CV and a covering letter.
The Fundraising Assistant will:
1. CORPORATE AND HIGH VALUE COMMUNICATIONS (40 %)
1.1. Develop regular communications for high value and corporate supporters and prospects.
1.2. Maintain the TREE AID corporate and high value donor website pages.
1.3. Deliver high standards of supporter care, including responding to donor correspondence and enquiries.
1.4. Support the Fundraising Manager and Officer to organise donor events.
2. MAINTAIN TRUSTS AND GRANTS ROLLING PROGRAMME (40%)
2.1. Write compelling applications and communications to secure unrestricted income.
2.2. Develop and deliver quarterly updates to trusts and foundations.
2.3. Develop and maintain the monthly application schedule to trusts and foundations.
3. PROVIDE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR FUNDRAISING AND PLANNING (15%)
3.1. Conduct due diligence research for new high value and corporate donors.
3.2. Maintain and manage donor data in accordance with data protection laws and ensure activity is in line with best practise guidelines and TREE AID policy.
3.3. Produce reports from the database to assist with budget setting and quarterly reporting.
3.4. Carry out research on to identify trends and opportunities.
4. UNDERTAKE OTHER TASKS AS AGREED WITH MANAGER (5%)
4.1 Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post as requested by your line manager.
4.2 Keep abreast of TREE AID’s work and the wider development context.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Well written and engaging donor cultivation communications.
- New and repeat Income from trust sources
- Database up to date and fully utilised
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.