Working hours: Full time, 35 hours a week.
Salary: £36,439 pro rata + 33 days holiday + up to 6% pension matched contributions.
Closing date: midday on Friday 10th September 2021 (extended)
About Tree Aid:
Tree Aid is an international development organisation working with people in the drylands of Africa to tackle poverty and the effects of the climate crisis by growing trees, improving people’s incomes, and restoring and protecting land.
We are looking to recruit a Fundraising Manager (High Value Donor, Corporate and unrestricted Trusts relationships). This is a fantastic opportunity to support transformational change for some of the world’s most vulnerable people who are living on the frontline of the climate crisis. Tree Aid works in partnership with communities in the drylands of Africa, using forestry and natural resource management to relieve poverty and protect the environment. We are values led, unique in what we do and are growing fast.
Our current manager is going on maternity leave from the end of November and here are a few words from her about the role:
"I have worked at Tree Aid for over 4 years and I have really enjoyed leading the dedicated Corporate and High Value Team during this exciting period of growth. I would encourage experienced fundraisers to apply for this role; it is perfect for someone who is passionate about building strong relationships with donors and converting corporate prospects into donors and partners.
We have just completed a very successful major donor fundraising appeal. The focus for the rest of the financial year will be on delivering good stewardship and bespoke communication to our donors. You will also be planning an in person major donor event for March 2022, COVID permitting.
Another element of the job is corporate fundraising. Tree Aid is fortunate that our cause is currently in the media and of public interest, we receive a high number of corporate enquiries each month. Corporate Fundraising is an priority area of growth for Tree Aid over the next couple of years."
We welcome applications from candidates who have 2-3 years of fundraising experience at management level. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, creative and ambitious fundraiser. The successful candidate will have lots of initiative, be a strong team player and have a passion for our cause bringing new ideas and fresh energy to the charity.
About the role:
As a member of the Fundraising and Communications management team, the High Value, Corporate and Trusts Manager provides leadership for their team and contributes to the development of Tree Aid communications organisation wide.
They will lead and manage the High Value Donor, Corporate and Trusts team to:
- Develop and implement Tree Aid’s High Value Donor, Corporate and Trust strategy and annual plan.
- Plan and implement a three year pledge programme for High Value Donors
- Plan a High Value stewardship event for March 2022
- Increase our corporate donors and partners, converting inbound enquiries and ensuring a healthy prospect pipeline.
The full job description and person specification, and equal opportunities monitoring form can be downloaded from the Tree Aid website.
- Job description and person specification
- Equal opportunities monitoring form
- Closing date: midday on Friday 10th September 2021
- Shortlisted for task notification: Friday 10th September
- Task and covering letter submission by: midday Tuesday 14th September
- Shortlisted for interview notification: Tuesday 14th September
- First interviews: Friday 17th September. This will be a remote interview process.
- Final interviews: Tuesday 21st September PM. This will be a remote interview process.
- Start date: Monday 1st November 2021
To apply now for this Manager opportunity, please see the Tree Aid website for details. You will need to send your CV by midday on Friday 10th September 2021
We will ask shortlisted candidates to submit a covering letter with the task by midday Tuesday 14th September
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK at time of application.
- As a charity with limited resources we can only respond to successful applicants.
- This role requires a DBS check.
Our approach to recruitment:
We recruit with openness and transparency and employ people based on their ability to carry out the role being recruited for. We ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of disability, gender, race, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities or hours of work.
We value diversity and welcome applications from applicants from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background.
Tree Aid is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and has signed up to the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. The jobholder will be expected to sign Tree Aid’s Safeguarding Policy and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.