An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and growing international development charity as Fundraising Manager for Major Donors and Companies. Building on the rising interest in community forestation as a solution to poverty and environmental damage in West Africa, TREE AID has created a thriving fundraising programme. We help communities to re-green degraded land, increase food security and grow reliable incomes through tree enterprises. We are now seeking an inspirational and experienced relationship builder to lead our major giving team during the current manager’s maternity leave beginning in August 2019.
This is a Temporary Role covering Maternity Leave for approximately 9-13 months.
The Manager will lead a team of 3 fundraisers to:
- Maintain and recruit strong and profitable relationships with corporate, high value supporters and grant-making trusts
- Plan and deliver stewardship events and donor development communications
- Develop fundraising support from communities
- Develop and manage fundraising plans and budgets
- Report on and analyse fundraising activity
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about TREE AID and keen to involve new supporters
- Have experience of securing and developing major corporate or individual support for charities (or have major sales and account handling experience)
- Be entrepreneurial – be able to identify and create new income opportunities from individuals and companies
- Be an excellent communicator – in writing and in person
- Be organised and capable of delivering busy workplans
- Be able to travel, both in the UK and Africa
Closing date: 2nd July 2019
Interviews (in Bristol office): 4th July 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.