About Tree Aid:
Tree Aid is an international development organisation working with people in the drylands of Africa to tackle poverty and the effects of the climate crisis by growing trees, improving people’s incomes, and restoring and protecting land.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Individual Giving - Retention Fundraising Officer at Tree Aid.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support transformational change for some of the world’s most vulnerable people who are living on the frontline of the climate crisis. Tree Aid works in partnership with communities in the drylands of Africa, using forestry and natural resource management to relieve poverty and protect the environment. We are values led, unique in what we do and are growing fast.
Here are a few words about working at Tree Aid the role from our team:
"Tree Aid is an organisation that makes you feel passionate about coming to work. Every staff member is focused on delivering huge impact, working closely together and being transparent, ethical and data driven every step of the way.”
After almost 8 years at Tree Aid, our Fundraising Officer is moving on. This is what he had to say about the role:
“In my role as Fundraising Officer for Retention I have been involved in some great campaigns. Over the years i have worked with the Fundraising Manager to develop Appeal Communications and Update Magasines. One of the highlights has been attending meetings with our Programmes team, where they share news on the projects Tree Aid runs. I’ve really enjoyed working with Tree Aid and would recommend it to anyone who is passionate about fundraising."
The role will focus on engaging with existing donors to increase individual giving income from donors who have supported Tree Aid for 6 months or more.
You will develop a range of regular communications that will steward and cultivate our existing donors. You will work with the Fundraising Manager to plan and deliver the retention element of the Individual Giving programme.
You will maximise on donor retention opportunities to ensure long-term programme growth. You will have 1-2 years developing effective supporter journeys that have successfully grown donor income. You will be passionate about fundraising,
You will be data driven and able to demonstrate a solid understanding of CRM databases, and how they can be used to enhance the supporter experience. You will have knowledge of trends in individual giving and digital fundraising.
Finally, you should be an excellent communicator, with a proactive and creative approach to working, used to juggling priorities and passionate about delivering the best supporter experience possible. You will lead by example to provide sector-leading supporter care.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 1-2 years' experience of direct marketing and fundraising across all channels. (Inc. phone, email, online, print)
- Experience of project managing fundraising campaigns to agreed targets, deadlines & budgets
- Experience of production and/or fulfilment of communications materials
- Experience of using fundraising CRMs (Raisers Edge NXT preferred)
- Experience of undertaking research and reporting findings
- Knowledge of administering legacies
- Excellent planning and project management skills; experienced in prioritising workload.
- Excellent written communications skills and high standard of English; good editing and copy writing skills, able to communicate in an engaging and persuasive style.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of good digital customer journeys and stewardship journeys.
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills with ability to analyse data and produce reports.
- Good IT ability, including good typing skills and the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel and Word).
- Good supporter/customer care skills and good telephone manner.
- A passion for international development and to issues affecting rural smallholder farmers in dryland Africa
- Proactive and confident to make recommendations to improve future activity.
- Open and willing to learn
- Flexible and responsive
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.