This is an exciting opportunity to join a professional fundraising team in a dynamic and growing international development charity.
At a time of heightened interest in reforestation as a solution to poverty and environmental degradation, this is a great opportunity to be a part of this thriving fundraising programme. TREE AID works with communities in West Africa and Ethiopia to re-green degraded land, increase food security and grow reliable incomes through tree enterprises.
We’re looking for a marketing professional or fundraiser who is passionate about raising money for an international development cause. Your role will be to develop successful donor recruitment and community fundraising campaigns to grow TREE AID’s individual donors and unrestricted income.
The role is offered on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave, 12-month contract with the possibility of extension or permanent employment.
Key objectives are to:
- To raise unrestricted income from new individual supporters.
- Day-to-day implementation and management of donor recruitment and community fundraising activities.
- Produce data and analysis to support fundraising planning and budgeting.
Responsible for managing donor recruitment and community fundraising programme, including;
- Planning and managing all donor recruitment activities (online, print, inserts, telephone, email) to bring in new supporters
- Developing a successful welcome/donor communications programme for new supporters to inspire them to continue their support for TREE AID
- Managing community fundraising and events programme
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for someone with fundraising or marketing experience either gained at a charity, or alternatively through an agency or commercial organisation.
The ideal candidate will be confident managing and evaluating multiple fundraising campaigns across a range of marketing channels, while juggling deadlines and priorities. You will have excellent communication skills, and have experience producing strong and engaging fundraising/marketing communications and materials. You will have an analytical mind, be good with data and numbers, and have a sound working knowledge of the charity sector. Experience of digital marketing/fundraising is desirable.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter, addressing the job description and person specification.
Closing date for applications: 9am on 7th October
Interviews: 14th and 15th October (tbc)
Expected start date: 18th November (tbc)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.