TreeHouse school is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' non-maintained special school, providing support and education to 10 pupils aged 3-19. Our goal for all our pupils and learners is to ensure that when they leave our setting they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
We are recruiting an Assistant Head, Quality of Education who will be an inspirational leader, with a proven track record of providing effective senior leadership and management to a transdisciplinary team, you will be passionate about the education of our pupils, possessing extensive experience of curriculum coordination, development, frameworks and qualifications with outstanding practice in curriculum planning, assessments and evaluation of pupil progress.
The role of Assistant Head, Quality of Education at TreeHouse school:
- Working with the senior leadership team to embed the Quality of Life curriculum in a transdisciplinary way
- Experience of working with assessment software (Earwig)
- Providing clear and effective leadership of Teaching and Learning underpinned by our Ambitious Approach
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing teaching and learning
- Ensuring all colleagues hold consistently high expectations for all pupils and have effectively planned targeted personalised support to ensure pupils achieve their targets
- Supporting the transdisciplinary team with a teaching commitment (0.3 teach hours per week)
- Accurate reporting and recording of pupil progress and achievement to parents, Local Authorities, external and internal stakeholders.
You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers.
- Highly competitive annual salary.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- We are committed to CPD, where you can access a wide range of training and development opportunities to support your personal and professional development.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes both in person and online including: virtual yoga & zumba classes, running club, art & cooking classes.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to physiotherapy.
To find out more information please find the recruitment pack attached, alternatively apply today and help us in making the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 5th September 2021
Applicants informed of outcome: W/C 6th September 2021
Interviews and stakeholder day (Full school day, AM & PM) : Monday 13th September 2021
Whilst we will do our utmost to follow the dates stated above, our learners and staff welfare is our priority and therefor may be subject to change due to COVID-19 related challenges.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.