Trees for Cities is the only charity working on a national and international scale to improve people's lives by planting trees in cities. Our aim is to engage communities and people to plant, protect and promote urban trees across the UK and around the world, revitalising these areas and improving the lives of the people who live in them.
We are looking for a confident and proactive individual who enjoys writing and building relationships. This is an important early career fundraising role for a fast learner, or an opportunity to broaden your existing communication skills in a new and impactful area.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Grants Fundraiser will develop and maintain effective relationships with trusts, foundations and institutional bodies, leading to increased income from grant-making trusts, foundations, lottery and government.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure annual income target from grant funders (last year £200,000) for urban forest projects in schools, parks, streets and housing estates across the UK in line with business plan.
- Research and apply for new sources of funding from trusts, foundations (including corporate foundations), national lottery, and statutory funders.
- Create compelling, relevant funding proposals appropriately tailored and targeted for each potential funder including outputs, outcomes and budgets.
- Work closely with the Senior Grants Fundraiser to plan, deliver, monitor and evaluate Trees for Cities’ grant fundraising for all programmes.
- Work with the Development Team to build on existing partnerships and identify new opportunities to develop relationships further.
- Attend regular internal meetings including with the Development, Projects, Corporate and Marcomms teams.
- Work as a strong member of the Development Team.
- Prepare for and attend performance appraisals as required.
- Prepare regular progress reports and grant claims, including monitoring information, case studies and budgets, as required by the funder, to implement a high standard of stewardship.
- Communicate with existing supporters to motivate them to continue their support and form closer links with the charity; this may include organising and attending site visits, events and meetings.
- Maintain files for all grant applications and relationships, and record information on internal systems, including Donorfy for regular analysis.
- Carry out administrative and any other tasks related to the delivery of the grant fundraising where necessary.