15 hours per week
(2 days per week)
Salary £12.73 per hour
Treetops Hospice are currently looking for a Counsellor to join us in Risley. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis and in return, will receive a salary of £12.73 per hour.
Treetops Hospice Care provides nursing care and emotional support for anyone affected by life-limiting illness or bereavement in Southern Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire. Therapeutic Services delivers counselling and emotional support, and complementary therapy to people of all ages dealing with bereavement or life-limiting illness.
About the Counsellor role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified counsellor to join our team in a varied and interesting role in a thriving counselling and emotional support service, which is run by a group of passionate and hardworking staff and supported by a large team of volunteer counsellors, student counsellors and support workers. This role will involve working across the service with clients of all ages, dealing with either bereavement or life-limiting illness.
Key responsibilities of our Counsellor:
- Deal with referrals and enquiries, completing necessary administrative procedures
- Assess clients for support or counselling, identifying any complex issues, assessing priority, risk and level of support needed
- Have up-to-date knowledge of other internal and external services to which to sign-post when appropriate
- Participate in allocation meetings and allocate clients to staff or volunteers as appropriate
- Be responsible for the management and delivery of counselling to a caseload of complex clients, Adult, Children and Young People
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date written and electronic database records on clients that accords with professional practice and data protection policies and regulations
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and tra ining of new volunteers
Our Ideal Counsellor:
We are looking for a candidate with minimum of two years post-qualifying experience and have at least a Diplomas in Counselling/Psychotherapy, to be Accredited or working towards Accreditation. It is essential that you have experience of working with Adult, Children & Young People and ideally have experience of working within the field of bereavement or life-limiting illness. We are looking for someone with the skills and resources to work in a busy environment and be able to demonstrate the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity.
Closing date: 2nd April 2021
Interview date: 15th April & 16th April 2021
If you thrive on the challenge of setting and achieving ambitious goals, have the enthusiasm to drive your fundraising, and like to have fun while working - you will fit right in. Click “Apply” now to be considered as our Counsellor.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.