Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Treetops Hospice Care has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Fundraising to join our team based in Risley. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £37,000 per annum depending on experience.
Treetops Hospice Care provides palliative Day Care, Hospice at Home and Bereavement services to adults living in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
As our Head of Fundraising, you will be managing the team of fundraisers and have direct budgetary responsibility for raising income through individual giving, Major Donor, Capital Appeals and also legacy marketing in conjunction with the Marketing & Communications department, while keeping within an expenditure budget.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Head of Fundraising:
- Co-ordinate and plan fundraising activity in line with strategic plan
- Planning and achieving agreed fundraising budgets
- Network specifically within the hospice movement and generally the fundraising environment and maintain up-to-date knowledge of innovative fundraising techniques and best practice
- Work with the retail and lottery managers to ensure co-ordinated income generation
- Ensure that administrative systems and procedures are effective, including the maintenance of records, the receipt and expenditure of funds and the development of the database system
- Ensure the information on the Raiser’s Edge database is developed and maintained to support effective donor relations and donor development
- Achieve individual fundraising income and expenditure budgets
- Work closely with the marketing & communication executive to raise awareness of the need for general donations
- Research and develop a plan to engage Major Donors
- Collaborate with other hospices, in particular East Midlands Hospices Group (EMHG), to develop and deliver shared events and campaigns
What we’re looking for in our Head of Fundraising:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent work experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development in relevant area
- Driving licence with access to a car
- Substantial experience of successfully developing and implementing a fundraising strategy
- Ability to analyse figures and complex information and report accurately and appropriately
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including excellent prioritising and time management skills
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing a team to deliver targets
- Experience of leading the growth of fundraised income across a wide variety of income streams
- Ability to build relationships and networks, to influence people across a wide spectrum
- Experience of dealing with HR and performance issues within the day to day running of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, face to face and written, across all media, to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work in the evenings and at weekends as role requires
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally
Closing Date: 26th May
Interview Date: 7th June
If you have the skills, experience and drive to come our Head of Fundraising, why not click ‘apply’ today. We’d love to hear from you!
If you have not been contacted one week following the closing date unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest in Treetops Hospice Care.