Management Accountant – Part Qualified
Job Ref: CE202308
Full Time, Permanent role – Hybrid Remote (2 days a week work from home)
37.5 hours per week
Starting Salary: £32,145 gross per annum (spinal point increments up to £37,998)
- Do you have at least 2 years’ management accounting experience?
- Are you passionate about providing accurate financial information and have a great attention to detail?
- Do you want the opportunity to be part of an innovative charity that is growing quickly and delivers amazing work supporting women and families?
If the answers to the above are yes, you may be interested in the exciting opportunity that has arisen to be part of the Trevi team.
Based in the Southwest, Trevi is a nationally award-winning women’s charity providing a variety of support services and therapeutic interventions to up to 1,000 women each year. Trevi has grown significantly over the last five years as we have expanded to meet the increasing need of women and their families and we are looking for a passionate individual to join our team. This is an exciting time for the charity, and we are looking forward to the next stage of our journey.
This is a new post, reporting to the Head of Finance, and as Management Accountant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy of financial information to support wider decision-making.
We are looking for someone who has at least 2 years of experience in a similar role and who is driven to deliver the best to support the charity’s strategic aims, sustainability and continued growth.
Ideally candidates will have a background in the charity sector, have previous staff management experience and qualified to a minimum AAT level 4 qualification or part qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with strong IT skills.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to strict deadlines
- Preparation of financial forecasts in collaboration with budget management
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring income and expenditure against budget and analysing variances
- Management of unrestricted and restricted income
- Oversight and control of grant funding including monitoring that targets are achieved and budgets are controlled
- Work closely with the fundraising team and assist with project costings
- Support budget managers to increase their understanding and working knowledge of departmental budgets
- Cash flow forecasting
- Approval of invoices and payments in line with the delegated authority
- Supporting and improving the procurement process by ensuring the best value, negotiating contracts and developing approved supplier lists
- Dealing with utility contracts
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end statutory accounts
- Assist with the preparation and management of Trevi’s budget
- Line management, mentoring and development of the finance team. Delivering monthly supervisions, performance reviews and managing attendance
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis for potential new projects and development opportunities
- Identify areas of improvement within the finance department and the wider organisation
- Experience developing and improving finance software
- Ensure internal financial policies are up to date and in line with accounting guidelines
- Production and presentation of high-quality, concise reports on complex financial issues for non-financial audience
- Deputise for the Head of Finance
We offer the following employee benefits:
A comprehensive induction and training programme.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- A day off on your Birthday
- An award-winning Employment Assistance Programme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Plymouth City Council Parking Permits payable over 12 months
- Employee of the month awards
- Refer a Friend Recruitment Bonus
- Company contribution to your NEST Pension
- Learning & Development opportunities relevant to this role
- Blue Light Store Discount Scheme
Trevi is a Real Living Wage Employer
Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, costs of which will be met by Trevi.
Women only need apply under schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010.
Trevi is committed to quality, equality, and valuing diversity.
Applications are particularly welcome from women with lived experience.
To apply please complete the forms on our website/below & return to our Recruitment Team at the email address on the form.
Alternatively, you can pick up an Application Form from Sunflower Women’s Centre, 29 Sutherland Road, PL4 6BW, available from 9.30am – 4.30pm. Monday – Friday. Please return in the same way.
We are unable to accept CVs in accordance with the Trevi Safer Recruitment Policy and we do not accept applications via agencies.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applicants. If you would like to apply, please do so promptly.
Closing date: Tuesday 28th November 2023 at midday
Interviews to be held: w/c 4th December 2023
Previous applicants need not apply.
Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to inform applicants who are not shortlisted; therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, regrettably you have not been selected for the next stage in the process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.