The Fundraising Officer is a key role for Trust House Lancashire and will lead on the generation of income with a particular focus on community, digital and corporate fundraising, and partnerships to support current and new projects. The right candidate will be a strong communicator who can engage effectively with different audiences and using different media to generate support for Trust House. The Fundraising Officer will increase awareness of our work in the local community and with local businesses and develop those relationships.
According to the office of National Statistics, in the 12 months to September 2019 there were
154, 229 sexual offences recorded by the police in England and Wales and in Lancashire sexual
offences showed an increase of 25% which is substantially higher tha n the increase seen
nationally (7%). At Trust House Lancashire (THL) we have seen almost a year on year increase in
requests for support since we commenced service delivery in April 2014. We worked with 411
individuals over the 12 month period from 1 st A pril 2018 to 31 st March 2019 and received 361
new requests for support. 35% of new requests for support came in relation to children under 18
We want to ensure
We want to ensure our growth and development soour growth and development so that individuals that seek our support can that individuals that seek our support can access it at thaccess it at the earliest opportunity and increasing our income enables us to do this effectively.e earliest opportunity and increasing our income enables us to do this effectively.
Internal Chief Executive officer, Operations Manager, Administration Officer, Volunteer Coordinator
External Corporate Partners, Community Members, Friends of Trust House Group.
Main Role and Priority Responsibilities
To be responsible for leading on the development and growth of Trust House Lancashire’s income from Community and Corporate Fundraising.
• Leading on Corporate Events, Corporate Support and Partnerships, and Community Fundraising both digitally and face to face.
• Identifying opportunities and ideas for fundraising activities and events.
• Matching projects to potential funding opportunities.
• Developing and building on long-term relationships with corporate partners and community members to secure ongoing additional funding.
• Applying for awards, prizes, and other forms of recognition for Trust House Lancashire’s work.
• Write and submit regular updates to the CEO, Operations Manager and Trustees on plans and including progress reports, evaluations, and end-of-project reports.
• Keeping track of supporters, events, activities, and income.
• Feeding back on progress against set targets and budgets to CEO, Operations Manager and Trustees.
• Maintaining an up to date understanding on developments in fundraising and third sector funding and new opportunities
• Contributing to the development and delivery of the organisation’s strategy and working with the CEO/Operations Manager to support the implementation of the service delivery plan.
• Working with the CEO/Operations Manager to develop realistic costings and budgets to organise events.
• Contributing to, supporting, and where appropriate leading on additional and developing aspects of Trust House Lancashire’s broader income generation work.
• Managing your own workload to meet priorities, deadlines, and targets.
• Providing management and support to team members and volunteers as appropriate.
Trust House Lancashire has a flexible approach to working arrangements. The office base is in Preston, but the role may require travel to events in and around Lancashire and working outside of normal office hours.
Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within your capabilities.
Ensure that at all times you take care of your health and safety and that of others by complying with health and safety obligations, particularly by reporting promptly any defects, risks or potential hazards.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.