The position is a temporary contract (12 months) to assist a Legal Team of solicitors and case workers during a period of maternity leave. The role is based in Manchester, though currently working primarily from home.
The primary function of the role will be to manage a caseload of property transactions including residential and commercial sales and purchases, commercial leases and other Landlord and Tenant related queries, deeds of covenants and other related transactions under the supervision of the Legal Team Manager.
You will need to have:
- At least two years post qualification or equivalent experience, ideally with a working knowledge of Charity and Trust Law and related property transactions;
- Experience of residential and commercial property;
- Sufficient general background in legal practice;
- Efficient communication skills to contribute effectively within the Legal team; and .
- Although not essential, background knowledge of the Methodist Church and its structure would be useful.
The applicant need not be a member of the Methodist Church but must be sympathetic to the ethos of this denomination and exhibit a keen awareness of and respect for the priorities of those in contact with our organisation.
Due to the short term nature of the contact, training time will be limited: the successful candidate must be a fast learner, able to adapt quickly and follow tasks through with minimal supervision.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.