With 14.5 million people across the UK living in poverty, and thousands more plunged into financial crisis since Covid, there has never been a more important time to help raise vital awareness of the tools and support available as a lifeline to people struggling to stay afloat. National poverty charity, Turn2us, is looking for an interim PR Manager to help raise awareness of its services to those of us who need them and to ensure that the issue of financial insecurity remains front and centre of the media agenda.
As well as being proactive and leading on PR campaigns that are driven by a combination of people stories and data and insight, this role will also work closely with colleagues to source and write emotive people stories that drive the narrative - seeking systemic change and, ultimately, financial security for all.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong experience of planning, delivering and evaluating successful media campaigns that demonstrate impact
- Demonstrable experience of working with people stories to identify and write compelling narratives that support our fundraising, programmes and policy communications – ensuring compliancy and best practice around safeguarding and risk assessments
- Experience of working collaboratively with colleagues both within your team and the wider organisation to deliver fast-paced but considered PR and communications
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills that influence and engage internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of running a press office
- Ability to prioritise your own workload and to manage multiple deadlines.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.