Youth Practitioner - Young Southwark Sexual Health
The Youth Practitioner at Young Southwark Sexual Health will support and deliver outreach work with young people in the borough of Southwark. You will deliver on the service’s engagement programme, providing education, support, and information to young people on issues related to sexual health and wellbeing, as well as signposting to appropriate services.
A core element of the role is to actively engage young people in creative ways by facilitating workshop deliveries to large school groups, drop ins at spaces such as youth clubs, and events designed to target young people in the local area. You will support in delivering professional trainings to those who support young people around their sexual health. You will also assist young people in registering with SHL (Sexual Health London) to access STI testing kits.
We are looking for a committed individual who is passionate about the sexual health needs of young people aged between 16 -25 and are dedicated to sexual health promotion. You will support in the design and delivery of a relationships and sex education programme promoting topics such as healthy relationships, consent, sex and the law, STIs, contraception, reproductive health, online safety (including social media and apps), LGBTQ+ awareness and the importance of self-esteem. Your role will be to act as a champion of sexual health supporting young people to build overall knowledge, confidence and skills in developing healthy relationships.
This role will contribute a holistic approach to safeguarding young people in identifying behaviours which are positive and supportive, in contrast to those that are exploitative and controlling. A key part of this role delivering on quality work which is reported correctly to ensure it can be linked into outcomes and KPI’s agreed with our commissioners.
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll need to be computer literate, have the skills to multi-task, able to manage your own time and be able to bring a naturally positive disposition to our team. Possession of RSE accreditation or relevant NVQ in social care or an equivalent is ideal, as is the motivation to acquire a qualification.
This role is remote and mostly working on outreach in the community, sometimes lone working. The role requires the worker to be flexible with unsociable hours working some evenings and weekends.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.