The TwentyTwenty teacher will engage, support and teach young people, designing and implementing creative, engaging schemes of work that drive our young people’s qualification levels and subject knowledge upwards.
Teaching Maths, English and ICT, you will be able to motivate students through high quality lessons and equip them through practical and academic knowledge. You will run your own sessions throughout the week across different age groups (16-24’s). Your passion for the students will earn their trust and respect, giving you currency to increase their learning. As a member of the Lifeskills team you will have additional responsibilities including helping recruit young people onto courses, organising trips and liaising with parents, keyworkers and outside agencies.
You will be passionate and experienced in working with disadvantaged and disengaged 11-24 year olds. You will know how to deliver inspiring, engaging learning and activities. You will know how to plot a scheme of work that maps qualifications and get young people ready to pass formal exams up to Level 2. You will be organised and efficient with time, resources and administration, capable of setting up and running systems that ensure all administration demands are achieved.
Person Specification – all essential
Excellent awareness of disadvantaged NEET young people needs/concerns, and ability to engage them
Able to teach Employability and other subjects where necessary
Understanding of and commitment to TwentyTwenty ethos
Knowledge and experience of both classroom management strategies and more general behaviour management
Understanding and experience in the education world – writing schemes of work, getting students ready for assessments, embedding, differentiation, mapping, examination process
Clear and confident communicator and good listener
Experience of and commitment to working as part of a team
Self-starter, creative, responsive and flexible, ability to think on feet
Strong awareness of safeguarding, equal opportunities and diversity practices and policies
Having or working towards relevant teaching qualifications
- Teaching various subjects, including Maths English and ICT, and sessions to disadvantaged and disengaged 11-24 year olds
- Writing lesson plans/schemes of work in-line with the curriculum and Lifeskills targets, covering different learning styles and developing students’ personal and practical skills
- Gathering resources and planning creative and engaging sessions, able to be utilised by other teaching staff
- Keeping up to date with the macro teaching environment, especially regarding Functional Skills through our examination provider City and Guilds, inputting into the research and development of courses in-line with sector research and local needs
- Showing excellent behaviour management; classroom behaviour, conflict resolution, engagement, discipline
- Marking and assessing classroom work, coursework and exams, and working with colleagues to a time-plan for Internal and External Verification
- Consistently inputting data onto the Database in a timely manner (including progress in Functional Skills e.g. exams working towards/taken) and regularly producing reports in order to analyse students’ progress against organisational KPIs both individually and as a team
- Working with the Lifeskills Managers, Health and Safety lead and Safeguarding lead to ensure all students and courses are safeguarded, protected and fit for purpose
- Supporting the EPD teachers to embed Functional Skills into their lessons, and creating a learning environment within the Centre via visual displays and creative ideas
- Inputting into other Lifeskills team duties, including student recruitment, volunteer management, representation in external meetings, marketing and cross-organisational working
- Supporting colleagues during busier times such as Work Experience, by teaching additional sessions or helping with pastoral and safeguarding issues where appropriate
- Giving high priority to Youth Participation; committed to gathering and implementing young people’s ideas
- Able to teach other subjects as and when required
- Committed to following TwentyTwenty’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures in order to offer the highest quality support to our Young People
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.