Love4Life Coordinator (Female) for TwentyTwenty- Loughborough PT
Hours: 3 days per week. Fixed Term Part Time until June 2020. Generally 9-5pm, evenings and weekends may be required.
Place of Work: Loughborough office, Loughborough and Charnwood Borough schools and community venues.
Reporting to: Love4Life Manager
Salary: Grade D (Developing Professional) £18,177 pro-rata.
In a nutshell…
Your role as a Love4Life Coordinator is to support disadvantaged and vulnerable teenage girls (aged 11-19 years old) through Love4Life’s existing programme of 1-2-1 specialist pastoral support, lunch clubs and after school girls groups. Love4Life’s specialism is helping teenage girls building healthy self-esteem and body image as well as having a strong focus on quality relationships and sex education. Your role will involve leading and maintaining the Love4Life Project in Loughborough and Charnwood Borough, creating new and developing existing contacts and working with schools and the local community to reach girls who will benefit from the project. The role will also include co-delivering the Empowering Girls Project in partnership with Youth Sports Trust in 3 Loughborough secondary schools. This role is funded through the Department of Culture, Media and Sports Tampon Tax fund and you’ll be required to work towards meeting the requirements and outcomes attached to this set of funding.
In particular, the role will include
- Leading, maintaining and developing the Love4Life Project in Loughborough and Charnwood Borough, creating new contacts, working with schools and building connections within the local community.
- Being responsible for delivering and leading Love4Life services and programmes, carrying out contact work with girls aged 11-19.
- Recruiting and coordinating with Love4Life sessional workers, volunteers and placement students.
- Delivering Love4Life after school girls groups, in school lunch clubs and commencing 1-2-1 pastoral work as dictated by DCMS Tampon Tax funding outcomes.
- Delivering specialist sessions as part of the YST Empowering Girls Project (DCMS Tampon Tax) and providing specialist 1-2-1 pastoral support for extra vulnerable girls attending this project (until March 2020).
- Leading and creating activities for Love4Life’s beneficiaries that are engaging, challenging and inspirational, ensuring maximum attendance and retention and fulfilling Love4Life’s KPIs.
- Liaising with YST Athlete mentors and attending project meetings at YST headquarters.
- Building relationships with agencies in local areas/schools to ensure joined up thinking/intervention for the girls.
- Recording required monitoring and evaluation data for Love4Life’s funding outcomes into TwentyTwenty’s internal database.
- Leading the approach into targeted neighbourhoods, strengthening relationships with schools and building relationships with key contacts within the community.
- Undertaking different administration tasks as dictated by the scheme.
- Giving high priority to Youth Participation; committed to gathering and implementing young people’s ideas.
- Referring girls onto other TwentyTwenty services, where appropriate.
- Inputting into the wider Lifeskills Team, including joining in with meetings, training, socials and delivery, as directed by the Love4Life Manager.
- Working as part of the overall TwentyTwenty team, which includes filling in for different departments, inputting into event planning, and attending meetings/training/celebration events.
A confident and friendly person with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for engaging with young people, mainly girls, aged 11-19 who are vulnerable or disadvantaged. A person who has a particular desire to nurture healthy self-esteem in young people and is motivated to deliver quality relationships and sex education in a variety of settings. A people-person who empowers, equips and encourages young people to flourish and achieve the mission statements of Love4Life and TwentyTwenty together.
Someone who is able to support young people to reach their potential and who can stand alongside a young person as they navigate through difficult periods of time, with a knowledge of the barriers/challenges young people can face and the skills to help them come through. You will be organised and efficient with time, resources and administration, capable of setting up and running systems that ensure all administrative demands are achieved.
Essential criteria for all applicants
Experience of working with young people with a range of learning, behavioural, emotional and social challenges.
A significant interest in developing young people’s knowledge of healthy relationship and sex and self-esteem alike.
Excellent awareness of disadvantaged young people needs/concerns, and an ability to engage them.
Persistence, patience and empathy whilst challenging and supporting individuals with complex needs.
Approachable, open and warm with young people, stakeholders and colleagues.
Ability to be innovative and confident to try new approaches with young people.
Self-starter who can manage own time and prioritise and manage own workload.
Able and experienced in supporting young people, via 121 support sessions, facilitating group work and in classroom settings.
Able to deliver towards stretching targets whilst being creative, responsive and flexible, ability to think on feet.
Willingness to learn and be trained in Love4Life resources and delivery methodology.
Desirable criteria for all applicants
Able to drive and willing to use own car – would hold Business Use Cover.
Is experienced in Youth Work or holds teaching, coaching/mentoring qualifications.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.