Community Fundraiser - Volunteer Groups
Vacancy type: Paid Vacancy
Location: Field Based
Salary: £23,015 - £25,017 per annum pro rata (depending on experience)
Contract type: Fixed term
Contract length: Initial Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Contract hours: Part time
Weekly hours: 22.5 hours per week
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced, personable and passionate fundraiser or volunteer co-ordinator to join our Fundraising and Community Engagement team, leading on the recruitment and development of fundraising volunteer groups across Wales.
About the role
This an exciting new role which will work closely with fundraising colleagues to develop and deliver a new strategy to grow the number of 'Friends of Ty Hafan' fundraising groups across Wales.
Key requirements of the role include;
- Researching new opportunities to recruit new volunteer fundraisers, identifying and engaging with existing supporters/ volunteers.
- Initiating and hosting recruitment drives and information gathering events across Wales.
- Developing and embedding best practice procedures and systems to ensure the effective running and co-ordination of groups.
- Play an active part in the development of new ideas and innovative strategies for fundraising products and campaigns relevant to groups.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about fundraising and/ or volunteering with demonstrable working knowledge.
- Able to network and work in partnership with both internal and external parties
- An excellent communicator with the ability to engage and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Is a positive team player with a can-do attitude, who can see the bigger picture and can actively contribute to wider team goals.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families throughout Wales. We offer comfort, care and support to children and young people with life-limiting conditions, supporting them and their families at our hospice, in the community and in their homes.
Our vision is to see a Wales where children who may die in childhood live a fulfilling family life.
Our mission is to offer a high standard of free care to children in Wales who may die in childhood in order to enrich their quality of life, and support their families during life, at end of life and through bereavement.
Our values are caring, collaborative and professional.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
- Holiday entitlement of 30 days per annum plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for period of the contract).
- The ability to continue with your NHS pension or to enter a Group Personal Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 5%.
- Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and shopping discount scheme.
- Allocated time for specialist professional development and speciality-based training opportunities.
- Based in a beautiful location in Sully overlooking the sea; onsite benefits include free parking and free tea/ coffee.
If this role sounds like something you want to be part of then we’d love to hear from you.
Tips for candidates – all applications and interviews will be assessed using the person specification included within the job description.
Please note this role is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 23/06/2021
Interview date: TBC
Ref No: 610