We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, innovative, and skilled Fundraiser with previous leadership experience to join our Income Generation team here at Tŷ Hafan....
This new role will be responsible for developing and delivering our philanthropy strategy as we embark on the next phase of our journey and continue to evolve the service provision of this 21-year-old charity.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families throughout Wales. We offer comfort, care and support to children and young people with life limiting conditions, supporting them and their families at our hospice, in the community and in their homes. Tŷ Hafan provides care, comfort and support throughout the childs’ life, helping our families to ensure a short life is a full life. We are also there for families in times of crisis, at end of life and beyond.
The Income Generation team plays a key role in raising funds that enable Tŷ Hafan’s hospice and community programmes to support children with life-limiting conditions and their families. The pandemic has significantly changed the way in which we operate with a major impact on traditional fundraising activities and income. The charity is therefore looking for new and innovative ways to increase awareness and support in order to raise funds. Our Executive team has devised an exciting business plan that includes the recruitment of experienced, skilled, creative and talented professionals to join our fantastic team and help to ensure the charity can reach its full potential in these challenging times.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Director of Income Generation, the Head of Philanthropy will be responsible for the development, delivery and implementation of a profitable fundraising strategy that is aligned with the charities overall mission and vision.
Key requirements of the role include:
- leading and managing a team responsible for Legacies, Grant, Foundations and Trusts, Major Donor, Individual Giving and our Ambassador Program.
- establishing a high-quality cultivation and stewardship programme for individuals and major donors.
- securing successful high-value applications for grants, trusts and foundations
- increasing donations and support for the legacy programme and ensuring a robust ongoing pipeline of prospects are formed.
- devising a programme to ensure we attract, nurture and build strong relationships with current and potential Ambassadors.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Positive, motivational and with an encouraging approach to people management.
- Innovative, creative and collaborative, working alongside peers to deliver our overall Income Generation strategy.
- Experienced in philanthropy fundraising, with a demonstrable track record of raising high value donations.
- An excellent communicator, demonstrating strong written and interpersonal skills; diplomatic and sensitivity so as to appropriately engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Capable of managing multiple programme activities and adept at setting priorities and achieve against goals.
A driving licence and being able to work hours flexibly is a requirement of the role.
For more information on the role, including the full job description and person specification, please see attached candidate briefing pack. If you have any questions about the role or would like to speak with one of the team please contact.
Applications must be submitted via our website
Tips for candidates – all applications and interviews will be assessed using the person specification included within the candidate briefing pack.
Interview date: TBC
The closing date for this role has been extended to the 22nd of October
Please note this role is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Basic Disclosure check and two satisfactory references.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.