Major Gifts Manager - Sully
Vacancy type: Paid Vacancy
Location: Head Office - Sully
Salary: £31,866-£34,638 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract type: Permanent
Contract hours: Full time
Weekly hours: 37.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Major Gifts Manager to join our Income Generation department.
About the role:
The income generation team are seeking a ‘hands-on’, experienced fundraiser to bring passion and energy to our Major Donor and Ambassador programme. The successful candidate will be fully supported by the Head of Philanthropy and Director of Income Generation to drive results and to substantially grow our network across Wales.
This high profile role will see the successful candidate establish, grow, develop and steward relationships with major donors and ambassadors, working with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve the required growth and development of both programmes.
The role will be based at our offices in Sully, but the post holder will initially work from home due to COVID-19 restrictions.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about the mission of Tŷ Hafan and about delivering first class care to supporters.
- Has experience in one of the following areas of income generation; individual giving, major giving or grants.
- Has experience of relationship development / account management.
- Has 3 years minimum experience in a direct supporter facing role.
- Is a strategic thinker and natural influencer and is able to identify new income opportunities.
- Is conscientious with meticulous attention to detail, as well as confident with databases and data analysis.
- Is a positive and collaborative team player who is able to see the bigger picture, and can actively contribute to wider team goals.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families throughout Wales. We offer comfort, care and support to children and young people with life-limiting conditions, supporting them and their families at our hospice, in the community and in their homes.
Our vision is to see a Wales where children who may die in childhood live a fulfilling family life.
Our mission is to offer a high standard of free care to children in Wales who may die in childhood in order to enrich their quality of life, and support their families during life, at end of life and through bereavement.
Our values are caring, collaborative and professional.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
- Holiday entitlement of 30 days per annum plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for period of the contract).
- The ability to continue with your NHS pension or to enter a Group Personal Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 5%.
- Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and shopping discount scheme.
- Allocated time for specialist professional development and speciality-based training opportunities.
- Based in a beautiful location in Sully overlooking the sea; onsite benefits include free parking and free tea/ coffee.
Tips for candidates – all applications and interviews will be assessed using the person specification included within the job description.
Please note this role is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 27/06/2021
Interview date: Week commencing 5th July 2021
Ref No: 609