New Business Fundraiser Mat Cover - Sully
Vacancy type: Paid Vacancy
Location: Head Office - Sully
Salary: £23,015 - £25,017 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract type: Fixed term
Contract length: Fixed term contract covering Maternity Leave until 30th June 2021
Contract hours: Full time
Weekly hours: 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, personable and passionate fundraiser to join our Fundraising and Community Engagement team as a New Business Fundraiser.
About the role
This an exciting role which will work closely with fundraising colleagues to help identify new and existing fundraising leads.
Key requirements of the role include;
- Undertake desk and phone based research to identify new and existing leads for engagement with corporates, community groups and associations, and grants/trusts prospects across Wales.
- Pro-actively carry out prospecting phone calls and communications, to qualify and to determine best approach to the strongest leads identified, and secure engagement opportunities and appointments.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop processes and systems for recording and referring qualified leads in a timely and consistent manner, delivering excellent internal customer service.
- Generate pipeline reports, actively participate in business (pipeline) review meetings, and make recommendations on approaches to prospects.
- Diligently record and manage supporter (prospect) information and utilise the CRM database to update information regularly to a high standard.
- Identify opportunities on the pipeline through the CRM database and assign relevant account managers to steward.
- Support wider fundraising teams with pro-active requests for gifts in kind, that support Ty Hafan’s campaigns, events and fundraising activities.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 1 years’ experience in a customer facing business development role
- Experience of using a range of research tools, databases and platforms including free and paid resources
- Experience of working towards acquisition targets
- Has a methodical and organised approach to work
- Able to build pipelines and identify mutual opportunities to add value to partnerships
- Is income savvy, and able to collaborate across several income streams and prioritise workload
- Is IT savvy with using Office 365 and in-house CRM databases
- Is a positive team player with a can-do attitude, who can see the bigger picture and can actively contribute to wider team goals.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families throughout Wales. We offer comfort, care and support to children and young people with life-limiting conditions, supporting them and their families at our hospice, in the community and in their homes.
Our vision is to see a Wales where children who may die in childhood live a fulfilling family life.
Our mission is to offer a high standard of free care to children in Wales who may die in childhood in order to enrich their quality of life, and support their families during life, at end of life and through bereavement.
Our values are caring, collaborative and professional.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
- Holiday entitlement of 30 days per annum plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for period of the contract).
- The ability to continue with your NHS pension or to enter a Group Personal Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 5%.
- Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and shopping discount scheme.
- Allocated time for specialist professional development and speciality-based training opportunities.
- Based in a beautiful location in Sully overlooking the sea; onsite benefits include free parking and free tea/ coffee.
If this role sounds like something you want to be part of then we’d love to hear from you.
Tips for candidates – all applications and interviews will be assessed using the person specification included within the job description.
Please note that this role is contractually based from our Offices in Sully As a result of COVID- 19 restrictions, the role is temporarily based working from home. In September, it is anticipated that the role will be part home and part office based.
Please note this role is subject to the outcome of a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 30/06/2021
Ref No: 61