Volunteer Development Manager - Sully
Vacancy type: Paid Vacancy
Function: Human Resources
Location: Head Office - Sully
Salary: £26,500-£28,800 (for 37.5 hrs, depending on experience)
Contract type: Permanent
Contract hours: Full time, Part time
Weekly hours: 22.5 - 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, personable, and passionate Volunteer Manager to join our team, leading on the development and implementation of our volunteering strategy.
About the role
The post holder will be the charity’s specialist lead on all aspects of volunteering. Key requirements of the role include:
- Lead on the development, implementation and evaluation of our volunteer strategy and programme.
- Act as an ambassador for volunteering, drive and embed volunteering across the charity, and increasing volunteers in all areas.
- Develop and embed good practice in volunteer coordination, training, motivation, recruitment, and safeguarding.
- Manage the day-to-day volunteering operation and line manage the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Develop and implement a volunteer communication strategy and develop our brand.
- Develop and implement new volunteering programmes and projects including reward and recognition.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in leading and developing volunteer programmes.
- Experienced in managing effective volunteer recruitment campaigns and increasing a volunteer brand.
- Passionate about volunteering with a sound knowledge of volunteering principles, trends and practices.
- Able to network and work in partnership with both internal and external parties.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to engage and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Able to identify and implement a wide range of volunteering initiatives.
Tŷ Hafan is one of the UK’s leading paediatric palliative care charities and offers care to children and support for their families throughout Wales. We offer comfort, care and support to children and young people with life-limiting conditions, supporting them and their families at our hospice, in the community and in their homes. We greatly value the input, contribution and commitment made by our many volunteers, and without their support we would not be able to provide the services we do to children and their families
Our vision is to see a Wales where children who may die in childhood live a fulfilling family life.
Our mission is to offer a high standard of free care to children in Wales who may die in childhood in order to enrich their quality of life, and support their families during life, at end of life and through bereavement.
Our values are caring, collaborative and professional.
The benefits of working for Tŷ Hafan include:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 5%.
- Annual holiday entitlement of 30 days plus Bank Holidays (rising to 32 with service).
- A comprehensive induction plan and training.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Shopping discounts and an employee assistance programme.
Tips for candidates – all applications and interviews will be assessed using the person specification included within the job description.
Closing Date: 19/06/2021
Interview date: TBC
Ref No: 60