Volunteer role description Place of volunteering
Volunteer Receptionist HQ
General time commitment Age limit
per week / month
Friday’s 8:30-4:30 / 9-5 Over 18’s only
About the role
The role will be based at Tŷ Hafan’s main Head Quarters in Sully, welcoming visitors and staff. The role will also include administrative activities and answering calls, always supported by a member of the team.
What activities would you be involved in?
- Meeting and greeting
- Answering the telephone
- Photocopying, scanning and filing documents
- Administrative activities as part of projects to support the team
- Administering post
What skills will I need?
- Approachable, trusting and friendly
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually
- Ability to use basic IT equipment
Information on training provided
- Full induction will be provided
- Support and guidance will be given by the Tŷ Hafan’s team
Benefit of volunteering
- Become part of the Tŷ Hafan team and family
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Tŷ Hafans goal
- Gain experience for your CV
- Have fun!
How to apply
Please follow the "apply now" link below to be direct to an online application form.
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and a basic DBS check will be required for this role.
About Tŷ Hafan
Tŷ Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.