UK for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency's national charity partner, is looking for an experienced Database Manager to join our team during an exciting and transformative period.
Database Manager, UK for UNHCR
Location: Central London
Office hours: Monday – Friday; 9am – 5pm
Terms: Permanent role, competitive salary and benefits
Reports to: Operations Director
Key relationships: Operations Director, fundraising and communications teams, external suppliers and contractors
UK for UNHCR
United Kingdom for UNHCR is the United Nations Refugee Agency’s national charity partner for the United Kingdom. We are a new charity, established to generate public awareness of the plight of refugees and raise funds to help protect them through UNHCR’s humanitarian operations across the world.
Our supporters include UK individuals, communities, corporate partners, trusts and foundations. The funds we raise help UNHCR deliver emergency relief such as shelter, medical care and basic supplies to people fleeing conflict and persecution, as well as healthcare, education and livelihoods opportunities for those who remain displaced over the long term.
We work to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, war or disaster at home. Only 1% of UNHCR’s budget is funded by the UN, making fundraising critical to UNHCR’s humanitarian work across the world.
Nobody chooses to be a refugee, but we can all play a part in their protection. If you would like to join our team and support the refugee cause, please apply below.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in fundraising, to become the data lead for our UK fundraising operations. The role will provide analysis, data management and database maintenance of the UK Salesforce fundraising database.
The successful candidate will play a key role in helping the team analyse performance of donor acquisition and retention activities, and donor prospecting. They will also assist the team with data insight for segmentation and optimisation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with testing and launching of the new UK for UNHCR Salesforce platform in collaboration with implementer agency
- Prepare data and import/export using the data loader or other import tools;
- Create reports and dashboards using the Salesforce Report Builder;
- Responsible for data quality and deduplication efforts using validation rules, clean data practices and duplicate management tools;
- Daily administration, troubleshooting and technical support for the salesforce database;
- Management of various AppExchange products;
- Collaborate with business users to gather and document all requirements to prepare business specifications and functionalities;
- Understand, evaluate, and document business processes, applications, and workflows and identify necessary changes; recommend solution improvements;
- Documentation of all system processes and training guides as needed;
- Train new and existing users on system functionality;
- Stay current on all release notes and communicate any new features or changes to the team.
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
- Previous UK work experience in private sector fundraising directly relevant to the role;
- Completion of secondary education and advanced training or certificate in business administration or a related field;
- Salesforce Admin certification
- Experience with a charity, NGO or humanitarian organisation would be an asset.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM Products to develop client or business solutions;
- Hands-on experience configuring Salesforce including workflows, validation rules, and security controls;
- Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment;
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up on new clients, their business needs, and technologies;
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment;
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done;
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience gathering, and analysing user input and requirements;
- Experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process flow diagrams;
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders;
- Salesforce Admin Certification and one Consulting Cloud Certification (Sales, Service or Community);
- Working experience with an INGO in the humanitarian field an asset.
United Kingdom for the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is registered with the Charity Commission (England & Wales), charity no. 1183415. It is the UK national partner of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the UN Refugee Agency.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is the lead United Nations agency dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.