UK for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency's national charity partner, is looking for an ambitious, proactive, team player who can join us a Direct Marketing Manager responsible for Individual Giving. This role will support offline activities including Direct Mail and Telemarketing, DRTV campaigns and Donor Care activities. This role will play a key part in the success of our annual fundraising programme. The individual will be a confident communicator and will have the opportunity to gain a huge amount of experience across multiple channels and fundraising strategies. If you think you have the relevant skills and crucially, the passion to support the refugee cause, please apply.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
United Kingdom for UNHCR is the United Nations Refugee Agency’s national charity partner for the United Kingdom. We generate public awareness of the plight of refugees and raise funds to help protect them through UNHCR’s humanitarian operations across the world.
Our supporters include UK private individuals, communities, corporate partners, trusts and foundations. The funds we raise help UNHCR deliver emergency relief such as shelter, medical care and basic supplies to people fleeing conflict and persecution, as well as healthcare, education and livelihoods opportunities for those who remain displaced over the long term.
Nobody chooses to be a refugee, but we can all play a part in their protection and we want those who work with us to share our values and passion for the cause.
We strongly value diversity and recognise that it is critical to our success and the cause that we serve. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all who work with us and strongly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
We are also open to flexibility in many different ways, including an element of working from home and flexible hours. Please don’t be afraid to speak to us about this at the interview stage, so we can explore what’s possible.
· Support the Direct Marketing Fundraising Manager on acquisition and retention offline fundraising activities, leading on a number of projects across Direct Mail, Inserts, Door drops, Press advertisements, Telemarking and DRTV;
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Fundraising Manager and Executive to provide an integrated supporter experience across channels;
- Manage campaign development, from creative briefing, through to artwork;
- Manage the production process, developing supplier brief and managing approval stages;
- Work with multiple suppliers and internal stakeholders, to ensure campaign timings and the annual programme are kept to;
- Manage end-of-campaign supplier reviews;
- Manage campaign fulfilment, monitoring response to identify issues and opportunities to improve the donor journey;
- Support with charity data projects, including mailing file development, data cleansing, and SALESFORCE management;
- Ensure cost effective fundraising, maintaining campaign budgets and spotting opportunities to improve ROIs and reduce spend;
- Scope new fundraising themes, research new content areas, and manage content from the field;
- Support with competitor research and mystery shopping projects;
- Support with qualitative and quantitative donor research;
- Support on the development and launch of the new welcome programme;
- Support on telemarketing campaigns, manage script approvals, support caller briefing and training and campaign evaluation;
- Participate in training seminars, workshops and skill shares where applicable.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of project managing direct marketing campaigns, preferably within the charity sector;
- Experience of project managing suppliers and campaign scheduling;
- Experience of writing creative briefs;
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines within a collaborative team environment;
- Good attention to detail, strong ability to proof-read and pick up inconsistencies;
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done;
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Experience working across a broad channel mix (Direct Mail and Telemarketing would be advantageous;)
- Experience of, or a passionate interest in the charity sector, and the drive to further their fundraising knowledge.
- Completed an undergraduate degree
United Kingdom for the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is registered with the Charity Commission (England & Wales), charity no. 1183415. It is the UK national partner of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the UN Refugee Agency.
When applying for this role, please ensure you download a copy of our application from the documents section of our online portal and submit your completed version of this before submitting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.