**PLEASE NOTE: To apply for this vacancy, please ensure you download a copy of our application form from the documents section of our online portal when you apply and follow the instructions provided at the top of our job description page**
UK for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency's national charity partner, is looking for an ambitious proactive Senior Corporate Partnerships Officer to join the Private Partnerships & Philanthropy team. You will be joining the charity at an exciting moment, becoming part of a small but high performing team with big ambitions
In this exciting new role, you will manage a number of our established, growing and lapsed relationships with companies to create and grow mutually beneficial partnerships, playing a key part in the success of our annual fundraising programme. You will enjoy developing strong relationships and have excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You will be a confident communicator with a track record of meeting and exceeding financial targets.
This role is predominately an account management post, with some new business development.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with a range of professional experience: charity or private sector. If you think you have the relevant skills and crucially, the passion to support the refugee cause, please apply using our application form provided in the link when you click 'apply.'
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
United Kingdom for UNHCR is the United Nations Refugee Agency’s national charity partner for the United Kingdom.
Our aim is to generate public awareness of not only the many challenges refugees face globally, but also their resilience and creativity, raising funds from our passionate supporters to support UNHCR’s humanitarian operations across the world.
Our supporters include UK private individuals, communities, corporate partners, trusts and foundations. The funds we raise help UNHCR deliver emergency relief such as shelter, medical care and basic supplies to people fleeing conflict and persecution, as well as healthcare, education and livelihoods opportunities for those who remain displaced over the long term.
Nobody chooses to be a refugee, but we can all play a part in their protection and we want those who work with us to share our values and passion for the cause.
We strongly value diversity and recognise that it is critical to our success and the cause that we serve. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all who work with us and strongly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
We are also open to flexibility in many different ways, including an element of working from home and flexible hours. Please don’t be afraid to speak to us about this at the interview stage, so we can explore what’s possible.
· Support the management of high value strategic corporate partnership with Unilever, liaising across departments and virtual teams to monitor, evaluate and report on progress against partnership KPIs, targets, activities and budgets. Identify opportunities for partnership visibility and communications, and where possible employee engagement.
· Manage a portfolio of partnerships, providing first-class relationship management and maximising value, including financial, advocacy, pro bono and in-kind support.
· Develop a range of corporate engagement products, including employee fundraising ideas and Payroll Giving.
· Research new trends and innovations, such as gaming and other digital engagement tools, and emerging areas of interest for corporate partners.
· Organise and coordinate a calendar of cultivation and stewardship events and identify visibility opportunities for UK for UNHCR.
· Collaborate with UK and international Private Partnerships & Philanthropy colleagues where possible to strengthen engagement with partners and prospects across channels.
· Support new business prospecting, research and cultivation.
· Maintain up-to-date and accurate data on donors on Salesforce and SharePoint
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ experience of stewarding and maximising corporate partnership(s)within the charity sector.
- A track record of devising and delivering bespoke and engaging partnership fundraising plans and campaigns to increase income.
- Experience of communicating complex themes and subjects to a variety of audiences, written and verbal.
- Experience of event management and co-ordination to engage corporates and their employees
- Ability to act proactively to identify new engagement and fundraising opportunities;
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines within a collaborative team environment;
- Good attention to detail, strong ability to proof-read and pick up inconsistencies;
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, with a willingness to respond quickly, particularly at times of humanitarian crisis;
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills;
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project skills.
- Building a new business pipeline and successfully securing new income;
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment;
- Experience of fundraising at an international development, human rights or humanitarian NGO.