This exciting and varied role within UKGBC’s Marketing and Communications team sits at the heart of the organisation, helping to bring UKGBC's work to a wide audience in compelling ways and ensuring our members are kept informed of our work. The successful applicant will have excellent spoken and written English, an eye for compelling visuals, a strong understanding of digital tools and techniques and the ability to proactively manage multiple priorities.
The role has scope for the successful candidate to truly make their mark and be provided with the opportunity to work and grow as part of a dynamic team and working environment. This role is initially on a 12 month contract but has potential to be made permanent.
UKGBC is an industry-led network with a mission to radically improve the sustainability of the built environment. It is a charity with over 500 member organisations spanning the entire value chain, we represent the voice of the industry’s current and future leaders who are striving for transformational change. We inspire, challenge and empower our members, helping them to identify and adopt the most sustainable, viable solutions. We also engage our members in advocating a progressive message to government, informing and influencing policy.
Our vision is a built environment that enables people and planet to thrive by:
- Mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Eliminating waste and maximising resource efficiency
- Embracing and restoring nature and promoting biodiversity
- Optimizing the health and wellbeing of people
- Creating long-term value for society and improving quality of life
The purpose of this role is to promote UKGBC and its various activities through the development, implementation, tracking and optimisation of a marketing and communications plan across multiple channels (including website and social media platforms).
Marketing and Communications:
- Develop and deliver creative communications outputs and campaigns (liaising with graphic designers, video editors etc)
- Maintain and build UKGBC’s social media presence, including promotion of UKGBC publications, events and courses, as well as relevant industry and member-related news.
- Maintain the UKGBC website including:
- Reviewing, editing, uploading and updating content on a timely basis – liaising internally with key members of staff in each department.
- Working with external agencies to deliver improvements to the website user experience.
- Measure and report on the performance of our digital presence, suggesting and implementing measures for continual improvement
- Coordinate and deliver email communications (using Mailchimp)
- Work with the wider team to identify content opportunities and produce the relevant materials e.g. blogs, social media posts, videos etc
- Record activities relevant to members on Salesforce
- Identify digital trends and evaluate emerging technologies wherever possible.
- Participate in and contribute to departmental brainstorming and ideation sessions.
- Support the Marketing & Communications team in all aspects of the team’s work as required
Decision making authority (eg strategy – impact on business; customers/stakeholders; people – leadership and teamwork; process – operational effectiveness and controls
- Website content tasks
- Content production
- Social media posts
- Trend and insights analysis
- Detailed project plans
- New content ideas or initiatives
- Outsourcing decisions, and third-party appointments
- Resource allocation
- High proficiency in both spoken and written English, with the ability to tailor content to different audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of website and social media best practice in digital marketing and measurement
- An eye for compelling visual design with the ability to communicate effectively with freelance creatives
- Ability to work under pressure, proactively manage competing priorities and deliver at pace.
- Flexibility and adaptability, with experience in fast-paced, collaborative environments
- Competent use of standard Microsoft Office programs including Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to UKGBC mission and values
- Knowledge of: Adobe creative suite applications, Mailchimp, Wordpress, Salesforce
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Basic graphic design / video editing skills
Knowledge, experience and qualifications (minimum requirements for the job)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject / or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years' experience in a marketing role
- Experience of SEO, social media and digital marketing campaigns
- Understanding of environmental and/or social impact issues for UK businesses, preferably built environment sector
- Proven experience of delivering successful integrated marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Experience in paid social
- Project management experience
- Built environment sector experience
- Interest in political/environmental agenda
Terms & Conditions
Place of Work: In line with COVID 19 Government Guidance, UKGBC colleagues are expected to work from home. When permitted, Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT
Hours of work: 37.5 hours; normally 9am – 5.30pm
Holidays: 28 days per annum pro rata, plus public holidays, plus 3 days Xmas closure
Salary & benefits: £25,000 to £28,000 (depending on experience), enhanced pension contribution, and BUPA Cash Health Plan scheme
Length of contract: 1 year fixed-term contract with the potential to be made permanent
Start date: ASAP
UKGBC is committed to providing equal opportunities to all existing and prospective employees. We aim to be inclusive to everyone regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs.
Apply now by sending a copy of your CV and a covering note. You should explain, in no more than 400 words, why you would be great in this role. Applications will be assessed upon receipt until the suitable candidate has been appointed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.