£26,000 - £28,000 per annum (pro rata based on 0.6 FTE)
Location - We are currently working from home however, some office presence will be required at our offices in Croydon.
Permanent, part time
Benefits include 25 days holiday (pro rata plus bank holidays), pension scheme, interest free season ticket loan and childcare voucher scheme.
UKRIO is an independent advisory body supporting good practice in all disciplines of research. Our charity helps ensure that research is high quality and of high ethical standards, without the need for burdensome regulation or bureaucracy. For further information on UK Research and Integrity please visit the website.
The UK Research Integrity Office (UKRIO) is recruiting an Events Officer to assist with its work supporting high quality and ethical standards in UK academic, scientific and medical research.
This is an opportunity to develop a broad base of skills in a busy charity and gain an understanding of the challenges facing the integrity and quality of research in the UK. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with excellent organisational, communication and time-management skills, and the initiative to work independently as well as functioning as part of our small team. Graduate or postgraduate applicants from any academic discipline would be welcome.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the organisation, management and successful delivery of events and training courses, ideally in the higher education or NHS sectors. Experience of working in a membership organisation or charity would be very advantageous.
What you will do:
The main purpose of the job is to be responsible for the organisation and successful delivery of in-person and online events and training courses for UKRIO throughout the year, including the charity's Annual Conference.
The postholder will work with the Chief Executive and other members of the team, including external events management organisations as required, to further develop and deliver UKRIOs in-person and online events and training programme as well as systems to support the successful delivery of the charity' events.
The post reports to the Operations Manager and requires close collaboration with that post, as well as with the Chief Executive and other staff, the Trustees and Advisory Council, and the representatives and members of UKRIO subscriber institutions.
* Undergraduate honours degree or equivalent experience (preferably in Marketing, Media, Communications or Journalism)
* Experience of managing events, training courses or projects to a specified deadline
* Experience in planning and/or management of events and/or training courses
* Problem solver who enjoys coming up with solutions
* Proven track record in providing good customer service
* Strong and proactive communicator with the ability to adapt styles and build rapport with clients
* Self-motivated with an adaptable and flexible approach and a good sense of fun
* Good team player with a can-do attitude
* Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
If you have the right skills and experience and would like to join our great team to help us provide our outstanding customer service, we would like to hear from you.
NB. Due to large volume of applications we cannot always contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.