£30,000 - £35,000 per annum (pro rata based on 0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Location - We are currently working from home however, some office presence will be required at our offices in Croydon.
Permanent, full time or part time available
Benefits include 25 days holiday (pro rata plus bank holidays), pension scheme, interest free season ticket loan and childcare voucher scheme.
UKRIO is an independent advisory body supporting good practice in all disciplines of research. Our charity helps ensure that research is high quality and of high ethical standards, without the need for burdensome regulation or bureaucracy. For further information on UK Research and Integrity please visit the website.
The UK Research Integrity Office (UKRIO) is recruiting an Operations Manager to assist with its work supporting high quality and ethical standards in UK academic, scientific and medical research.
This is an opportunity to develop a broad base of skills in a busy charity and gain an understanding of the challenges facing the integrity and quality of research in the UK. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with excellent organisational and administrative skills and the initiative to work independently as well as functioning as part of our small team. Graduate or postgraduate applicants from any academic discipline would be welcome.
The successful candidate will be experienced in embedding and managing administrative and governance policies and processes in a small/medium enterprise. Experience of working in a charity or membership organisation would be very advantageous. You are not expected to be an expert in research integrity but general knowledge of how academic, scientific or medical research is conducted in the UK would be advantageous.
What you will do:
This post sits within the office team, which: carries out UKRIO's programme of work; provides administrative, policy, research and technical support to the Trustees and Advisory Council; liaises with the organisations that subscribe to UKRIO; and co-ordinates the volunteers that support the work of the charity.
The main scope of this role is:
* To support the delivery of UKRIO's charitable objectives by ensuring the effective delivery of administrative and governance processes.
* Working with the Chief Executive and others as required, to further develop and deliver UKRIO's administrative and governance processes.
* To manage the Communication and Information Officer and the Events Officer and to support the work of those two posts.
This is a wide-ranging role, which will promote the development of a broad range of skills and experiences and a close understanding of the running of a charity. The post has two direct reports: Communication and Information Officer; Events Officer.
* Undergraduate honours degree or equivalent experience
* Experience of embedding and managing administrative and governance policies, processes and systems in a small/medium enterprise.
* Familiarity with financial management and ability to monitor and oversee spend according to agreed budgets
* Problem solver who enjoys coming up with solutions
* Proven track record in providing good customer service
* Strong and proactive communicator with the ability to adapt styles and build rapport with clients
* Self-motivated with an adaptable and flexible approach and a good sense of fun
* Good team player with a can-do attitude
* Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
If you have the right skills and experience and would like to join our great team to help us provide our outstanding customer service, we would like to hear from you.
NB. Due to large volume of applications we cannot always contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.