Senior Fundraiser: Head of Avon Tyrrell Capital Appeal
- Are you a senior fundraising professional with experience of leading a major capital appeal?
- Are you a tenacious and highly motivated fundraiser with highly developed interpersonal skills?
- Do you possess a can-do attitude and does meeting ambitious targets motivate you?
- And you are also a confident communicator and impactful storyteller?
UK Youth have a perfect exciting opportunity for you!
We are in a search for a Senior Fundraising professional to join the organisation as the Head of Avon Tyrrell Capital Appeal, who will be responsible for planning, managing, implementing and delivering a new capital fundraising appeal for Avon Tyrrell, UK Youth’s outdoor learning centre.
This is an exciting and busy time to be joining UK Youth as we develop and implement the strategic plans for our next chapter. A key part of our new strategy is the investment in outdoor learning and the development of Avon Tyrrell, our outdoor learning centre in the New Forest, Hampshire. Avon Tyrrell has a 100-bed dormitory-style Grade I listed Calendar House, Grade II* Coach House and Grade II grounds. With over 39,000 visitors each year the site is in need of urgent repair and investment to ensure we can continue to support young people now and in the future.
It is envisaged that this will be a 3-year project and is therefore being recruited on a fixed term contract basis.
Responsibilities will include: development of the appeal fundraising strategy, ensuring alignment with UK Youth Income Generation Strategy and realisation of the income generation targets; and supporting the finalisation of the development plans involving internal and external stakeholder engagement and consultation with relevant experts. In this senior fundraising role, you will work closely with the External Relations and Avon Tyrrell teams to develop and launch a new capital fundraising appeal, which we estimate will need to raise between £3-5m, including a new purpose-built learning centre and restoration of Avon Tyrrell House and Grounds.
Who are UK Youth?
UK Youth is a leading charity that exists to ensure all young people are equipped to thrive and
empowered to contribute at every stage of their lives. We work with others to ensure that the youth sector is strengthened, supported, and that provision is youth-led, evidence-informed and delivers high-quality outcomes.
UK Youth plays a unique role in addressing; the lack of investment in the youth sector, the lack of crosssector understanding in how youth work makes a difference and the limited opportunities to embed effective solutions. These factors lead to mass inequality of access to youth services for young people. To find more about us and how we make an impact, please visit UK Youth Website.
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive range of benefits, good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and vibrant organisational culture.
- Compensation package of £38,000 - £48,000 (depending on experience)
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently UK Youth match employee contributions up to 5%)
- Membership of our life insurance scheme which would pay-out up to 4 times your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme to support employees both professionally and personally
- 20% discount off bookings at Avon Tyrrell our New Forest Outdoor Centre including, camping, lodges and outdoor activities.
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Flexible/Agile Working
How to Apply?
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please head to our website to find out more information about this and other roles.
- Closing date for applications will be 9 am, Monday 1 February 2021
As this role involves working in a regulated environment with young people, any offer will be conditional to satisfactory background checks which include criminal record check and employment reference.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.