The Role: We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Campaigns Manager who can use their outstanding advocacy skills to plan and execute campaigns to increase the ability of local government to tackle air pollution and address the Climate Emergency.
This role will involve managing the design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of UK100’s ambitious and effective campaigns output. It will require building partnerships within the network and beyond, extending our coalition of those committed to local action on these issues and enabling effective advocacy for ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the climate emergency.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: UK100 is actively taking steps towards developing new opportunities for people from an array of backgrounds, ensuring that everybody has an equal opportunity and is not treated differently or discriminated against because of their characteristics. UK100 values the voices of each of its employees in order to progress in a collaborative, innovative and well balanced way. The postholder will be expected to echo and support this. This can be found on the UK100 website here.
- Manage and be responsible for the development and delivery of UK100’s programme of campaign activity, enabling effective advocacy for ambitious action by local leaders to tackle air pollution and the climate emergency.
- Line management of the Parliamentary Officer
- Be responsible for UK100’s monitoring of changes in the policy and political landscape of the UK that relate to local authorities’ ability to act on climate change and air pollution and lead the team in ensuring effective identification of opportunities and challenges for campaigning.
- Oversee the mapping and management of external stakeholders relating to our advocacy and campaigns work.
- Support external communications via social media and traditional media.
- Manage impactful projects: to time, on budget and that meet agreed KPIs.
- Represent UK100 at meetings and public events to promote ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the climate emergency by local authorities, national government and business.
- To support and comply with UK100’s guidance on branding, tone of voice and key messages, positively contributing towards raising UK100’s profile.
- We are a small team. Ad hoc duties will thus arise, and every staff member is expected to support the team efforts.
Place in organisational structure:
The post holder will:
- Report to the Communications & Campaigns Director
- Manage one member of staff: Parliamentary Officer
- Campaigns team
- Communications team
- Relevant local government leaders, councillors and officers
- Relevant national government officials
- NGOs and partner organisations
Working Conditions: The postholder can be based in the UK100 London office, and will be expected to be flexible in the ways hours are worked. Some travel around the UK will be required.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory bank holidays)
- Sick pay
- Company MacBook Air
- Company phone
- Work from home allowance
- UK100 supports flexible working arrangements
Special Note: This job description does not form part of the contract of employment, but indicates how that contract should be performed. The job description may be subject to amendment in the light of experience and in consultation with the post holder.
- Strong understanding of relevant policy and politics re: air pollution, Climate Emergency and local government
- Understanding of the structures of local government
- A working knowledge of the UK media landscape
- Policy development
- Planning campaigning activity
- Delivering high impact campaigns
- Working in partnership with others
- Working in a lobbying or advocacy role
- Line management
Skills and abilities
- Excellent project Management skills
- Excellent line Management skills
- Excellent political research skills
- Political judgment
- Ability to represent the organisation with external stakeholders
- Committed to the vision of UK100
Closing Date: 13th June 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 20th June 2022
Please send a CV (max 2 pages), a cover letter that sets out how you could provide an excellent addition to the UK100 team (max 1 page) and some examples of your copywriting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.