Do you want to gain experience coordinating events with a focus on tackling climate
change, and supporting locally elected leaders to deliver Net Zero?
Knowledge sharing and bringing people together is a key part of our work. We are
looking for a capable and ambitious Events Assistant to make these gatherings
seamless, cost efficient and memorable. The Events Assistant will lead on event
coordination and be responsible for a wide range of aspects of their delivery.
We are looking for someone with experience in organising events, who has political
awareness, excellent writing skills and an interest in net zero and local government.
You’ll be delivering events both online and physical, which range in scale and scope
from small insight generating round-tables, to large scale events involving several
hundred attendees. You will gain experience working across our Membership,
Campaigns, and Operations teams, with exposure to members of our network, business
stakeholders and civil society partners.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: UK100 is actively taking steps towards developing
new opportunities for people from an array of backgrounds, ensuring that everybody has
an equal opportunity and is not treated differently or discriminated against because of
their personal characteristics. UK100 values the voices of each of its employees in order
to progress in a collaborative, innovative and well balanced way. The postholder will be
expected to echo and support this. The UK100 Diversity and Inclusion policy can be
found on the UK100 website here.
● Deliver where required all aspects of UK100-led events, including: researching
and booking venues, setting up online meeting applications (primarily Zoom),
activity on-the-day, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event
set-up, communicating with staff and organising vendors
● General administrative support for event-team meetings, note-taking and online
event management and follow up. And ensuring the proper use and maintenance
of UK100’s CRM database
● Develop and maintain activity timeline and budget tracking for events, and
coordinate internal team to provide necessary decisions and materials
● Coordinate and send invitations to guests and speakers, monitor RSVPs and
balance of speakers / attendees, provide briefings for speakers, and internal
● Following up after events, working with comms on notes for media, sending
thanks and chasing actions
● Support UK100 colleagues when they are attending external events, including
liaising with the organisers, writing a brief, creating a presentation, etc.
Note: UK100 is a close knit team which prides itself in working in union with its
branding, key messages and collaboratively across the organisation. Therefore in the
event of there being ad hoc duties, the team are expected to support where possible.
Place in organisational structure:
The post holder will report to UK100’s Production Manager and be part of the Operations
● Project and Production Manager
● Policy and Research Manager
● Network Programme Manager
● Relevant business and corporates
● NGO’s and partner organisations
● Relevant Local Authority officers and leaders
● Flexible working arrangements alongside Hybrid Working
● Competitive salary
● Sick pay
● 25 days annual leave (plus statutory bank holidays)
● Pension & access to professional pension advice
● Company MacBook Air
● Company phone
● Work from home allowance
Knowledge - An interest in the UK political system, local government, and climate policy
Experience - Experience organising in-person or online events managing high profile stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to form and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of people from different backgrounds
- Good organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and work effectively under
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently, show initiative and proactively deliver outcomes
- Attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
Other - Ability to think creatively and work within the UK100 team to turn ideas into deliverables
Interviews: To be held virtually week beginning 1st August 2022
Please send a CV (max 2 pages) and either of the below, to:
? a cover letter detailing how you have made past events successful, and what
are the priorities for delivering a successful event (max 1 page)
? a short video detailing how you have made past events successful, and what
are the priorities for delivering a successful event (max 5 minutes)
Please also identify where you saw this role advertised.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.