UKIM Relief is the international development division of UKIM, the oldest Muslim charity registered in the UK. UKIM Relief aims to improve the health and livelihoods of disadvantaged communities living under extreme conditions through assisting in the provision of humanitarian support. We also aim to advance the provision of educational programmes and care for orphans and disadvantaged children who are in most need of support.
UKIM Relief seeks to empower marginalised communities to stand on their own feet with dignity and to build a fairer world in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
The Programmes Officer will be responsible for the proposal writing for institutional fundraising as per the set objectives and targets agreed in UKIM Relief’s Strategic Plan and annual work plan in conjunction with the Head of Programmes. The Programmes Officer will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with institutional donors.
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree or equivalent qualification in international development or related field; experience of proposal writing for funding from institutions, trusts and donors and managing relationships.
This is a full-time position require extensive programmatic and institutional fund-raising experiences in the international development field with reputed charities.
- To support the Head of Programmes in building and maintaining relationships with institutional donors (including INGOs, UN and EU agencies).
- In consultation with the Head of Programmes prepare project proposals for submission to donors for funding.
- To create and implement plans in conjunction with the Head of Programmes for gaining institutional funding.
- To identify and develop key relationships with potential donors, statutory and corporate sectors.
- To apply for new grants from UKIM Relief’s current portfolio as well as new institutional donors. These could include government donors such as UKAID, multi-donor funds, and/or large trusts and foundations.
- To ensure that decisions from any meetings or discussions are followed up on.
- To initiate creative ways of increasing institutional fundraising.
- To continually research and amend institutional fundraising plans to maximise revenue.
- To coordinate with the Programmes Team to record the information required for developing successful proposals and preparing donor reports for grants awarded.
- To support the Head of Programmes in developing a strategy for institutional fundraising for UKIM Relief’s Programmes.
1. To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
2. To hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel extensively, at short notice and under conditions of physical hardship.
3. To have the flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs.
4. To be aware of and respect the health and safety policies in the area of his/her operations.
5. To respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
6. The post holder may be required to apply for a Disclosure check.
7. Any other duties commensurate with the accountability of the post.
- University degree (Essential)
- Project management qualification (Desire)
- Extensive relevant experience (Essential)
- Field- based work experience in the charity sector, preferably with international charity
- HQ experience supporting relief and development projects in the field
- Experience in proposals development and donor reporting with major donors/trusts
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and the ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people
- Knowledge of Project cycle management
- Knowledge of Logical Framework project planning and design
- Proposal development and donor report skills
- Knowledge of major donors/trusts rules and regulations
- Report writing
- Good research skills
- Ability to read, analyse, administer, pretend apply donor regulations and requirements
- Strong analytical skills to determine overall grant performance
- Ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and field programs;
- Excellent writing skills, excellent cross-cultural communication
- Extensive travel may be required
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in other relevant language to the portfolio is a plus
UKIM Relief is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.