UKIM Relief is the international development division of UKIM, the oldest Muslim charity registered in the UK. UKIM Relief aims to improve the health and livelihoods of disadvantaged communities living under extreme conditions through assisting in the provision of humanitarian support. We also aim to advance the provision of educational programmes and care for orphans and disadvantaged children who are in most need of support.
UKIM Relief seeks to empower marginalised communities to stand on their own feet with dignity and to build a fairer world in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
We are currently searching for an experienced individual who will be able to work as a programmes Officer for the UKIM Relief. This is a full time position require programmatic experience in the international development field.
- To assist the Programmes Manager in planning, monitoring and evaluation of the UKIM relief’s international development Programmes.
- To assist the development of UKIM Relief’s programmes strategy.
- To assist in developing UKIM Relief’s strategy to respond to disaster where UKIM Relief do not have any field presence.
- To assist the Manager in drawing up the emergency situation and ensure that situation reports are provided regularly in any emergency response matter, in the form of assessment reports, proposals, implementation reports and emergency updates.
- To liaise with partners and beneficiaries to ensure all project outputs are met.
- To ensure adequate information flow on project activities to all concerned.
- To assist the Programme Manager in identifying and preparing case studies and reports for use in promotional material.
- To ensure all project systems and procedures are followed and contract documentation is completed on time and in line with funder requirements.
- To finalise funding proposals and reports to the highest standards and to the funders requirements.
- To ensure all contract documentation is filed appropriately, completed and submitted on time and in line with funder requirements.
- To visit field offices and partners in non-field office countries to ensure the delivery of our programmes.
- To evaluate existing programmes recommending modifications and advising for new programmes.
- To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel extensively, at short notice and under conditions of physical hardship.
- To have the flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs.
- To be aware of and respect the health and safety policies in the area of his/her operations
- To respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
- The post holder may be required to apply for a Disclosure check.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.