UKLGIG, the leading UK charity dedicated to supporting LGBTQI+ people through the asylum and immigration system, is recruiting its first operations and office manager to support its growing team and expanding operations.
UKLGIG has been supporting LGBTQI+ people through the asylum and immigration system and campaigning for their rights since 1993. We are now looking for an Operations and Office Manager to support the organisation’s ongoing development by leading on operational planning and reviews, helping ensure the charity has necessary systems in place, and is acting in line with policies and procedures. You will lead on HR and finance functions and oversee administrative processes to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
- Manage and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of systems that support delivery of UKLGIG’s mission such as office management and administration, IT and HR
- Apply your project management skills to running UKLGIG’s annual operational planning process, and conducting regular reviews and updating plans as necessary
- Work closely with the Executive Director to manage UKLGIG’s finances
- Provide support to trustee meetings and a new refugee advisory group
- Lead on UKLGIG’s HR processes, with training provided as needed in order to develop knowledge in this area.
- Be given training to act as UKLGIG’s administrator for our database on Salesforce
- Be provided with management training, if necessary, in order to effectively supervise UKLGIG’s Administrator/Bookkeeper.
UKLGIG is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for this vacancy.
In line with UKLGIG’s policy on criminal records, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a basic DBS check and to disclose all unspent criminal records at the point of conditional job offer.
HOURS: Full-time (35 hours per week). Working part-time or job-sharing will be considered. Occasional work in the evenings and at weekends may be required when face-to-face working resumes but with plenty of notice. UKLGIG encourages staff to maintain a good work life balance and has a TOIL system in place.
SALARY: Starting at £34,910 with potential annual step increases up to £38,892 (pro rata if working part time), plus statutory employer’s pension contribution. In addition to an annual step increase, the trustees consider giving a separate inflationary increase every April.
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: UKLGIG’s offices are based in Borough, central London. All UKLGIG staff are currently working from home due to Covid-19. A mix of working at home and/or the office is likely for the foreseeable future. When face-to-face working resumes, there might be occasional travel outside London with plenty of notice.
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days per year, increasing by one day per holiday year after two years of employment up to a maximum of 28 days
CLOSING DATE: 10 am, Thursday 15 April 2021
INTERVIEW DATES: TBC
HOW TO APPLY: Please read the job description and person specification. Email your completed application form and optional monitoring form to the email address in the job description. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.