We are looking for a committed and well-networked individual to be our Member Services and Market Programme Manager.
This is a challenging and rewarding role. You need to ensure our members know about and benefit from our services whilst at the same time recruiting the large numbers of potential members coming to sustainable investment and finance.
Your market knowledge and membership insight will inform the wider entire team and help shape UKSIF activity across the board by ensuring we are member driven and shaping a market environment where members can grow their businesses. Areas where you will have input include our campaigns, our events, our media and communications work, and our policy and regulatory work.
The ideal candidate must: be able to run projects and work streams autonomously; be able to work with a wide range of people; represent UKSIF at events and seminars; know the sustainable finance sector; and, most importantly, want to shape the future starting with UK finance.
Background to UKSIF and the role
UKSIF is the UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association. With c.240 members and affiliates, UKSIF plays a leading role in shaping the UK finance sector as a force for good. Our members range across financial services: investment banks, retail banks, fund managers, financial advisers and institutional asset owners.
Our mission is to support our members in growing sustainable and responsible finance in the UK. We achieve this in a wide variety of ways but principally by informing, influencing and connecting UK finance, policymakers and the public.
It is vital that at any point we are keeping our busy membership informed effectively of our planned activity and all the opportunities available to them, and it is also crucial that we hear from them what emerging concerns they have such that we can flex activity to meet them. A key part of this role will thus be to actively meet members to discuss needs and opportunities over and above engaging at events and on specific campaigns. It is the role of the whole team to develop excellent relationships with members but you will be strategically responsible for it.
Although our activity is delivered across multiple member segments simultaneously, UKSIF still aims to deliver sector-specific events, reports and growth initiatives through its Market Programme. The Market Programme encompasses all areas of UK sustainable finance with UKSIF team members leading on particular sectors. Part of the job will be making sure we make this work efficiently. The sectors for which this role will have primary responsibility can be determined in part by the appointee’s experience, but ideally they would include:
- Social Investing
- Financial advisers
The appointee will lead our work on these (and/or other segments as agreed) by
- Being the key day-to-day relationship manager in these areas
- Developing appropriate strategies for the segments
- Playing a full role in deciding how, and then in delivering, the application of campaign and policy work to these groups
- Looking to utilise sponsorship opportunities in these areas where they are congruent with our aims
- Key will be the sharing of UKSIF thought leadership and activity generated by the wider team to ensure members get maximum benefit from all our work
We exist to support our members and every member of the team has to be conscious of their needs and how we can meet them in line with our mission. You will report to the Chief Executive and Board and work closely with the team in this newly created position as member ‘point person’ for both retention and recruitment. In their covering letter candidates should articulate how they would deliver in this area.
- Engage actively with members to assess needs and satisfaction, formally and informally
- Brief members on UKSIF work and plans
- Identify opportunities for UKSIF based on the insight you gather
- Actively seek to recruit new members
Contribution to the management of UKSIF
- Represent UKSIF externally as needed, but principally to audiences linked to the market programme
- Along with other staff deputise for the Chief Executive as needed. Participate in personnel processes and organisational development as needed
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive and other colleagues take responsibility for recruiting and retaining members
- Contribute to deciding UKSIF actions at the strategic and tactical level
How to apply
Please apply online attaching your CV and provide a covering letter. Please limit each document to two sides and in the cover letter explain why you are suitable for the post and how you would approach the role. Please include your available start date if appointed.
The closing date for applications is 5th March.
Due to UKSIF’s limited resources as a small organisation, we regret that we are not able to assist with work permit applications.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.